New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ Anyway kelangan na talaga ipa-check ni TS sa magaling na shop yan. Mahirap nang lumala pa yan eh. Basta white smoke kasi it means it is consuming oil na either sa cylinder head dumadaan or sa injection pump.

*TS, wag mo na patagalin pa-check-up. Importante yan at costly ang overhaul kaya kung maiiwasan, mas maigi.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    If I may butt in gentlemen,

Problem:
    1. white smoke, but not much : is it steady or during cranking only? Puff of white smoke during cranking when cold (be it gas or diesel) means unburned fuel vapor. This could be due to defective glow plugs or the worst, low compression due to worn valves or piston rings.
    Steady white smoke means coolant leaking into combustin chamber/cylinder. it could be due to a head gasket failure or cracked head or block.Another culprit could be water contamination

2. noticeable oil consumption: by how much in liters, say liters/week or liters/km? afaik, 1 liter consumption in between recommended oil changes is normal.
    3. oil leaking from cylinder head cover and from breather: is it the valve cover or the head gasket? usually, the valve cover gasket gets fried due to the head operates at higher temps. with respect to the breather, is it dripping or weeping oil when the engine is running?

however, I have no problem with cold start or starting at any time. One click lang siya. it's a healthy one (i guess)

How can I solved the oil leak, white smoke and blowby? To confirm if a complete rebuild/overhaul is required, try doing the ff:
    1. Compression test (lowest reading should be 75% of the highest readin) to confirm if it is a head gasket, valve or rings.
    2. Oil pressure test: a mechanical gage is plugged into the engine. (as a general rule, there should be 10 psi pressure increase for every 1000 rpm engine speed). The value at idle is usually in the range 7-10 psi. If it is way down south, could be due to excessive bearing clearances.

You may avail the so-called "dukot" repair but it is not recommended because a complete and thorough inspection and cleaning of the engine internals will provide you trouble-free thousand of miles.

My ride is the nissan diesel power pick-up.

Thanks. Really.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbreaker View Post
    Problem:
    1. white smoke, but not much
    2. noticeable oil consumption
    3. oil leaking from cylinder head cover and from breather

however, I have no problem with cold start or starting at any time. One click lang siya.

How can I solved the oil leak, white smoke and blowby?

Thanks. Really.
    Does your car have a turbocharger? What is your nissan diesel power pick up? Frontier? Navarra? please expound. Also if it is gasoline or diesel.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ISO4113 View Post
    Does your car have a turbocharger? What is your nissan diesel power pick up? Frontier? Navarra? please expound. Also if it is gasoline or diesel.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbreaker View Post

Thanks. Really.

Malamang diesel tol. power pickup..hehe...peace out

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    ooopsssieee....2x post

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    If I may butt in gentlemen,

Problem:
    1. white smoke, but not much : is it steady or during cranking only? Puff of white smoke during cranking when cold (be it gas or diesel) means unburned fuel vapor. This could be due to defective glow plugs or the worst, low compression due to worn valves or piston rings.
    Steady white smoke means coolant leaking into combustin chamber/cylinder. it could be due to a head gasket failure or cracked head or block.Another culprit could be water contamination
    Can this also be the reason why I seemingly lost water in my radiator without a leak in my radiator. I always refill my water reservoir after a long drive. I had it cleaned (radiator) but the loss persist. The white smoke is steady.
    2. noticeable oil consumption: by how much in liters, say liters/week or liters/km? afaik, 1 liter consumption in between recommended oil changes is normal. I cant say how much per km since I seldom use the car. Maybe 2-3 per change oil.
    3. oil leaking from cylinder head cover and from breather: is it the valve cover or the head gasket? usually, the valve cover gasket gets fried due to the head operates at higher temps. with respect to the breather, is it dripping or weeping oil when the engine is running?
    Valve cover. For the breather, it is weeping - crawling maybe.
    however, I have no problem with cold start or starting at any time. One click lang siya. it's a healthy one (i guess)

How can I solved the oil leak, white smoke and blowby? To confirm if a complete rebuild/overhaul is required, try doing the ff:
    1. Compression test (lowest reading should be 75% of the highest readin) to confirm if it is a head gasket, valve or rings.
    2. Oil pressure test: a mechanical gage is plugged into the engine. (as a general rule, there should be 10 psi pressure increase for every 1000 rpm engine speed). The value at idle is usually in the range 7-10 psi. If it is way down south, could be due to excessive bearing clearances.

You may avail the so-called "dukot" repair but it is not recommended because a complete and thorough inspection and cleaning of the engine internals will provide you trouble-free thousand of miles.

Thanks. Really.

Thank you.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    We have same engines din pala... last august 2012 nag pa top overhaul din ako ng nissan eagle ko...

then nung march 2013 nag pa top overhaul again due to cylinder head gasket leaking

and last October 2013...nag overheat yung pick-up ko. top overhaul na naman.. leaking/damaged cylinder head gasket... i just noticed kapag pinapa andar ko na..yung tubig sa radiator lumalabas.. im still thinking of overhauling of the radiator na din..

after three overhauls... mausok pa din.. mixed blue/white and black smoke esp pag humahatak..tapos in the long run medyo black/blue color na yung buga nya.. pero sa power and fuel economy still the same pa din performance.....sa umaga 1 click start naman agad ang engine..(with blue smoke syempre natural lang ata yon pag umaga.)

weird problems kaya ito sa mga naka Nissan Power Pick-Up and Nissan Power Eagle with BD25 2.5L Engine??? masasabi kong weird kasi, madami akong nakakasabay na Nissan Eagle sa daan, with the same problem din ata... smokey na sya.. with mix black/blue/white... hindi ko alam kung ano nga ba talaga problema nito.. i am already thinking of selling my rig na lang.. and change another brand pick-up na one of its rivals din during their time L200,Isuzu TFR or Mazda B2500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
for overhaul or not?