New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwedeng malaman kung which shop na yun sa kamuning ang dapat iwasan at kung sinong seraniko?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sequoia View Post
    pwedeng malaman kung which shop na yun sa kamuning ang dapat iwasan at kung sinong seraniko?
    yep what shop messed up your car? pls inform us so we could stay away from them ... Also di ba dapat yung shop kung san mo unang dinala ang magbayad sa magiging gastos mo dyan sa forcedspeed? anyways kano total damage mo dyan sa forcedspeed?.. good luck bro

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rxbandits View Post
    they went and took the head apart only to see that there were no bent valves instead it was all covered in grime from the seats to the valve itself, before taking everything apart they tested it for leak once more by putting gasoline through the intake port and all 16 valves we're leaking so they grinded everything down to make sure they're all sealed

the valve job would be done by tomorrow i hope it starts up with no problem wish me luck
    the kamuning mechanic is not at fault here guys. it is the grime in the valve stem that caused a valve not to seat properly, this problem usually are caused by oil additives, or certain brands of oil.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    +1 for TIP , it needs a series of tests to confirm what may have caused the trouble after somebody touched it .

the main thing here is a few of the mechanics in the Philippines ,although most are hardworking and knowledgeable , have no enough tools and equipment to do a job . even a simple check and at the end they end up guessing.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    what's supposed to be a preventive maintenance check turned into a major overhauling job at just 88,000 kms...the car is A/T and was never driven hard as in never!
    This is a misconception on most drivers. To help clear the intake and exhaust ports of deposits or sludge, I would run the engine hard from time to time. This will ensure also that the engine is at the top of its' performance.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yeah i've heard about that italian tune up thing..anyways forcedspeed's done with the valve job however the car still won't turnover now they're are looking at the distributor as i've mentioned if you are reading this from the top , the 1st mechanic claimed that my distributor was at fault and showed me that there was no spark so he switched it with another distributor assembly he happens to have lying in his shop yes there was spark but still no go..so thanks but no thanks...

so i went back to kamuning a little while ago to get the original distributor the one that came from my car only to find that there's no "IC" as in binaklas and he told me na tinapon niya nadaw since wala namang spark or sira...so went back to forcedspeed and showed it to them and said they would troubleshoot some more and said that they've checked the ECU and everything seems fine no burns etc but i won't rule that out just yet

I called honda and spoke to the guy that performed the check on my car and told him and his supervisor that if it turns out that it is indeed an electrical problem they're going to hear from me again as it was in my initial request to have the electrical components checked and i have the receipt that says exactly that...the receipt also says that my car is due for top overhaul so i did exactly that but again it won't turnover.

i am just tired of getting thrown around like this i'll leave it to forcedspeed i figured if they can tune high performance drift/drag cars they can certainly make old peppy accord move without being pushed.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The name of the shop is monte carlo motors but listen i wouldn't blame them just yet , They haven't exactly figured out what's wrong with it so it's all up in the air as of the moment

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    bummer, i hope forcedspeed gets it... i got nothing but good reviews from that shop. tried their services a couple times too, valve and timing adjustments. they're quite good.

worse comes to worst, i'd entrust a rebuild to forcedspeed or H3, but if cost is not an issue, casa is a good way to go, too.

but i'm 90% sure your accord wont be requiring a rebuild. rebuild cases usually look and sound a whole lot worse than simple non-ignition issues.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    RX, i think your best bet now is only to go back to the dealership ,that's the only option .

your car is not that complicated to work with , i'm just really surprised why the shops you have been into can't figure it out yet.

here , things to be done before another major spending on the way ;

check the spark quality , ( at least 25kv)
    fuel pressure ( 30-35 psi )multiport
    injector on time
    don't forget the timing
    check the compression one more time ( 125-175psi)
    check for codes IF ANY

THE CAR SHOULD FIRE UP

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    few hours after posting i got a call from forcedspeed told me that they got the car running ... whew! what i relief i must say, anyways it was a faulty distributor component not the IC but something else that's called secondary winding terminal turns out it was giving a weak spark kind of pale red color when shorted using screwdriver so he gutted my old dizzy and put the good component in my current dizzy and got the car running...kudos to forcedspeed for completing the job in approx 5-6 days

it could have been shorter if only honda libis have not ruled out all possible electrical fault after "thorough inspection" causing forcedspeed to focus on other troubleshooting steps

it is quite a shame that i went to honda libis solely to have the car's electrical system checked out believing that they have all the necessary tools for it my service receipt also indicate that my initial request is a full system electrical test i mean how can they even screw this up

so come monday i ll be knocking on their door again to try to get my money back and some...and oh yes it would make for a good argument wish me luck..lolz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Overhaul...at 88,000 kms