New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I haven't done it and don't dare do it, but out of curiosity what happens if you start the engine when the pre-heat indicators is still lighted?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hindi siya mag start mag redondo lang some times it will start............yun lang po.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ah ok so may fail safe naman pala?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I haven't done it and don't dare do it, but out of curiosity what happens if you start the engine when the pre-heat indicators is still lighted?

usually mas mahaba ang redondo pero minsan hindi naman.

pero mag start talaga yan.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I tried it many times when I just learned how to drive, nag sta-start naman. and I also realize one ride of ours, even the indicator in the dash is off, the heater is still heating. I have attach my own light indicator directly to the glow plug.
    Last edited by rion; December 16th, 2008 at 01:59 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tidus, is it for the santa fe? how many sec. before the light go out? thanks

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    tidus, is it for the santa fe? how many sec. before the light go out? thanks
    Yes sir for Santa Fe. Mabilis lang po around 3 seconds lang, pero this is just a question of curiosity. Just wondering if its damaging to the engine? Of course, I can always afford 3 seconds no problem

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    normally pag may glow plug it takes a few seconds and sometimes gets even longer depending on the condition of the plugs and/or battery.....the crosswind don't have them. straight start agad.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    AFAIK mas madaling masira yung engine at cold start kc malapot yung engine oil at low temperature

as if maabutan mo buhay pa yung indicators ng glowplugs.

sa delica ko noon or sa liteace less than 1 sec lang even * coldstart sa baguio ng dec-feb. original glow plugs. pag ung tig-100-250 lang japeyk yun, madali lang buhay nun...

well diesels need heat to combust fuel kaya nga may ganun e. gasolines just an ignition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
OUT OF CURIOSITY: Regarding diesel pre-heat...