New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    guys, does anyone have the part/model number of the finer filter for the gen 2 pajero. parang gusto kong mag-order.

thanks,

andy

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just mention that you need a filter for the Gen2. Alam na nung distributors yun. Gen2 and Gen2.5 filters are exactly the same (local release only).

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks pajerokid, nakausap ko na si mike from rats makati and the price he gave me was 2950 for the filter and 500 for the oil. tinanong ko kung may discount para sa mga probinsyano, wala daw

andy

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    rats katip-9139029 to 30
    alabang- 7725659

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks d_d, i called their katpunan branch but they referred me to their makati branch for out of town orders. ready na lahat except funds. and aking inaabangang pera di pa pumasok, so hold nanaman ang plano.

sana manalo na ako sa lotto

andy

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    luckytruck, a word of caution lang regarding FF cleaning and oiling. You have to see how the process is done. Madali lang pero medyo mahirap i-explain.... mas ok sana pag nakita mo mismo.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    pajerokid, thanks for the heads up.

mahirap na makita ko ang process kasi nasa gen. santos city ako. paano kaya ito? can anyone help me? di pa naman urgent kasi wala pa akong budget but it would be nice to know how to do it properly.

anyone?

thanks in advance,

andy

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    meron ba sainyong naka strada na gumamit na ng finer filter? may improvement ba talaga?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    luckytruck,

The finer filter cartridge is composed of an outer foam filter, a metal cage (of sorts), and an inner non-washable foam layer.

What you do is remove the outer foam layer and soak it in plain kerosene (gaas) to remove the dirt and oil. Pisil pisilin mo lang while soaked. Afterwards, wash it with detergent to remove the kerosene and rinse thoroughly with water.

Air dry the outer filter.

Once dry, get a grocery plastic bag and put around 2 tablespoons of the oil on the foam. Again pisilin mo yung oil papasok to soak the foam. All of this has to be done inside the plastic bag coz the oil is super viscous. After the foam is fully soaked, put it back on the metal part.

thats about it! ;)

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks a million pajerokid. this is why i love this site.

i think there are some on this site that have used the finer filter with their gen 2 pajero, so their feedback should be similar if used on a strada.

andy

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Ok Ba "finer Filter"?