New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    dyafake said:
    mga gurus im currently using a mobil engine oil kaso mukhang simula nung nag-mobil ako mukhang nahirapan ang engine. ano kayang naging prob. and dati kong gamit is castrol oil.
    IMO it would help if more information is provided for others to appreciate and analyze the problem and subsequently suggest solutions to alleviate your predicament.

1) What is your ride? What is the reading of the odometer?
    2) What is the viscosity and brand name of the Castrol oil previously used?
    3) For the currently used Mobil oil, what is its viscosity and brand name?
    4) Pls elaborate on what you meant by "mukhang nahirapan ang engine"?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Sorry peeps specially to sir ondoy.............. di ko nabago nung nag-cut and paste ako hehehehe. 100% pure base nga po ang PENNZOIL LONG LIFE HEAVY DUTY.................... sir ondoy mukhang mahal ng 20 pesos yung price mo per liter. Sa Petron MIA road 142.00 lang po ang per liter nito.....................

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ondoy
    Oil Name : Petron REV-X All-Terrain
    Blend : Fully Synthetic
    Rating : API CF-4, CF service category
    Viscosity : 5W-30
    Retail Price : P245.00 per liter
    Recommended for what types of Diesel Ride: 4JX1-TC Trooper, etc.

Oil Name : Mobil Delvac 1
    Blend : Fully Synthetic
    Rating : API CH-4
    Viscosity : 5W-40
    Retail Price : P500.00 per liter
    Recommended for what types of Diesel Ride: All, except 4JX1-TC Trooper

There are others, e.g., Mobil Delvac MX, Castrol CRD, Caltex Delo Gold, Shell Rimula, etc., but I have no idea because these are not suitable for my 4JX1-TC Trooper.

There also others, but are not available locally, e.g. Mobil Delvac 1300 Super, 10W-30, API CI-4, JASO DH-1, mineral oil, Shell Rotella T multigrade 10W-30, API CH-4 mineral oil and Castrol Elixion 5W-30, API CI-4, Global DHD-1, fully synthetic engine oil, and these oils are suitable for use by our 4JX1-TC Troopers, so their respective retail prices are inconsequential.
    what is viscosity?
    mas maganda ba talaga ang fully synthetic vs mineral?
    can i use Petron REV X All Terrain sa crosswind?
    ive used mobil1 pero ang mahal eh.
    mobil1 has viscosity of 5w40. Prtron REVX has 5w30. right now im using shell helix which i think has 15w40. ano significant difference nito?

sorry kung medyo OT. hindi ko maintindihan eh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what is viscosity? For the Petron Rev-X All-Terrain its SAE 5W-30

mas maganda ba talaga ang fully synthetic vs mineral?
    Yes, it offers longer oil service drain and better protection than regular mineral oils. Some may even offer better mileage.

can i use Petron REV X All Terrain sa crosswind? Yes

ive used mobil1 pero ang mahal eh.
    mobil1 has viscosity of 5w40. Prtron REVX has 5w30. right now im using shell helix which i think has 15w40. ano significant difference nito? Based from a previous data posted by Sir Jackaroo the Petron diesel oil will provided longer oil drain intervals and better engine protection.

sorry kung medyo OT. hindi ko maintindihan eh. [/B][/QUOTE]

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    roydok & ondoy::: Why do some people point out that full synth oils are not advisable on all engines? Mas malakas daw ito mag ipon ng sut and carbon deposits sa engine components?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are some manufacturers like Mazda (for their RX7 and RX8) and Nissan Patrol (based from the thread here in tsikot) only allow mineral oil to be used as regular engine fill. I am not sure why. But for the Petron Rev-X All Terrain price I think it's the additives which make it only an API CF-4 oil as compared to the CH-4/CI-4 of it's counterparts.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Petron A/T 5w30 may be cheaper vs other full synth oils in the market but consider the following:
    1) Petron imports the synth base oil and additives then blends it here so it doesn't carry the "brand premium" of others.
    2) mobil 1 is cheap in the US, about $4/qt or P220/qt but when you add up import tax, freight, margins of local distb/dealers then you get double the US price.
    3) Petron was designed solely as a diesel oil so its CF4 rating is fine. If it had to cater to gas engines too, then they'd probably have to reduce TBN and increase other additives that gas engines need, but this would only increase the price. (Ultron race synth oil is more expensive.)
    4) Acquiring an API rating is expensive. To get the latest CH4/CI4 rating may not be worth it for the supplier. On the other hand, Petron A/T carries the euro ACEA rating of E4/E5 which is the highest for heavy duty diesel oils- think this carries more weight than API ratings. I guess they sourced their formula from a european supplier.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

what does API, CI means? Meron bang website na pwede puntahan to study this terminologies or rating?

thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    so ok lang pala ang castrol gtx 20w-50 with synthetic sa 4jg2 engine. api sl/cf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Oil Specification and Price Database Discussion (split from main oil database thread)