New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Bakit mura yung petron na fully synth..

Up ko lang din.. para makapagbigay ng inputs yung iba..

tnx..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice info! I wish all the other oil gurus would fill in!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    skeptical din ako sa petron rev-x all terrain. fully synthetic sya pero ang mura. ive asked on petron gas stations around. cheapest i can find is 250 / liter. actually there's a thread in here talking about the lab analysis of the used oil on a 4jx1-tc trooper. the results are positive.. im trying it on my next change oil.:P wondering though why it only has a CF-4 api service rating while the multigrade rev-x trekker has a higher CG/CH-4 grade.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another question ondoy, whats the oil change interval on ur 4jx1-tc using petron rev-x all terrain??

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    baka pede rin ganitong topic pero for gas engines naman ..

sugestion lng po

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    mga peeps... no OT sana para at least maging Useful ang link.. yung question ni benchph pwede sa ibang post na lang..

tnx,

marwen

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    benchph1,

In the absence of a UOA, the most prudent practice is to do a 5K oil-change routine, even with the REV-X all-terrain, which is touted by Petron to be fully synthetic. And with a PhP2K per pop of UOA done by Petron labs, I'd rather buy new REV-X all-terrain after a 5K run than extend the oil in the crankcase of the 4JX1 trooper. Having said that, if I remember right, jackaroo did a UOA after 5K of the REV-X all-terrain, and he got promising result with the TBN still over 10 and the viscosity * 100C still around 12 cST. But we must note that this UOA result is specific only to jackaroo's trooper running with REV-X all-terrain, and to no one else.

Still, I believe the REV-X all-terrain is superior to the BESCO Multi-Z. First, it is fully synthetic, versus mineral and it is rated API CF-4 versus API CD. So if you wish to extend the run of REV-X all-terrain beyond 5K, it is a must that a UOA be performed after 5K and at the same time have the oil filter replaced.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ondoy,

wats UOA? ( w/ apologies 2 marwen if its OT :oops: )

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    wulf

Actually, there are two xOAs, which refer to lubricating oils:

1. UOA means Used Oil Analysis, a laboratory analysis performed on used oil; say, you want to know the TBN or viscosity at 100 deg C of an oil that has been used for a period of time, e.g., an engine oil that has run for 5,000 km. The results of an UOA will help you decide whether to extend the use of the oil or replace it.

2. VOA means Virgin Oil Analysis, a laboratory analysis done on an unused oil, coming straight from its container, to determine the chacteristics of the oil. A VOA is generally done to confirm the actual characteristics of the oil vis-a-vis the published technical description by the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    mga gurus im currently using a mobil engine oil kaso mukhang simula nung nag-mobil ako mukhang nahirapan ang engine. ano kayang naging prob. and dati kong gamit is castrol oil.

thanks!!! c",)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Oil Specification and Price Database Discussion (split from main oil database thread)