New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    masyado pala mahal inabot mo. harang ang labo.mas mahal pa than having a decent overhaul.

valve cover? yung buong valve cover pinalitan or gasket lang? kung gasket lang, loko nga yung shop. dami VC gaskets sa banawe. less than 500 lang replacements and gaskets should never be surplus.
    Medyo mahal nga po eh. Buong valve cover po yata kung hindi ako nagkakamali. Gasket is yun takip lang po tama po ba? Pasensya na hindi kasi ako sobrang marunong sa mga parts at mga tawag.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    4 na mechanic gumalaw nung makina mo? nako. sana naman naibalik mga bolts sa original nuts niya.

proper engine tear down dapat naka ayos lahat ng part sa table and properly marked, then return all bolts kung saan siya tinagal.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    double post again

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by konichiwa888 View Post
    medyo madugo ang nagastos ko sir, pero ayos magtrabaho yun shop na napuntahan ko. And half day lang natapos nila. 4 mechanics nagtulong tulong sabi kasi nila kung walang tama sa loob ng engine cleaning nila at palitan ibang parts kaya matapos ng half day.

Labor = 18,000 (medyo mahal ito tingin ko, unang una 20k dapat, tinawaran ko kasi sabi ko half day lang naman and walang tama yun makina)
    valve cover surplus = 2000 (wala daw mabiling original or new replacement nito kaya surplus ang kinuha ko)
    4 listers of flushing oil = 500
    4 bottles of motor oil ordinary = 800 (for change oil)
    1 oil filter = 180
    10 cleaner (200 each bottle) = 2000 (ito yun ginamit na panglinis sa loob ng makina, parang spray sya)
    valve gasket rubber (yun rubber na black dunno if tama yun name) replacement = 650 (malutong na daw kasi kaya nagleleak yun oil dati)
    kerosene = 200 (pang linis ng makina)

Inabot ako kulang kulang na 25000, medyo mahal sya pero maayos at mabilis yun trabaho and surplus shop din kasi sya kaya kung may mga parts na walang mabili, sa surplus na kumukuha.

Right now, mas maganda na yun tunog ng makina.
    18K ang labor!!! Nissan casa price na yan para sa bukas makina for complete engine overhaul.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    UP ko lang yung thread na to...

Been reading about oil sludge and based sa mga nabasa ko..if ever may oil sludge na visible when you remove the oil cap, kelangan na i top overhaul and remove the oil pan para linisan.

question ko lang hindi ba kaya iflush muna or treat it with hi detergent oil such as delo gold?

The reason is we have a toyota echo car (2nzfe) na nagkakastart na magka oil sludge but quietly and running smoothly, just curious kase it might cause a bigger problems soon.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    me too, the distance travel from home to office is 7 kms . I understand low engine operating temp is prone to oil sludge. Given the above situation how often do I REALLY need to change the oil using FC oil ? BTW my total distance traveled in 6 months is only 6k to 8k. (kulang ata sa lakwatsa).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Newer oils(sn) even conventional oils are less prone to sludge.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by elei View Post
    UP ko lang yung thread na to...

Been reading about oil sludge and based sa mga nabasa ko..if ever may oil sludge na visible when you remove the oil cap, kelangan na i top overhaul and remove the oil pan para linisan.

question ko lang hindi ba kaya iflush muna or treat it with hi detergent oil such as delo gold?

The reason is we have a toyota echo car (2nzfe) na nagkakastart na magka oil sludge but quietly and running smoothly, just curious kase it might cause a bigger problems soon.

Thanks.
    You can doing a full flush first; high detergent oil + Baldwin filter with a close change oil interval. (1,500 kms then 5,000kms). You can also try using an engine flush oil when you do the change oil inbetween.

You can also opt to open up the valve cover and have it cleaned physically then install a new gasket, then use a high detergency oil and good filter. That's what i would do.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    me too, the distance travel from home to office is 7 kms . I understand low engine operating temp is prone to oil sludge. Given the above situation how often do I REALLY need to change the oil using FC oil ? BTW my total distance traveled in 6 months is only 6k to 8k. (kulang ata sa lakwatsa).
    You change oil every 5K naman? That should be okay of so. Just don't use full synth and extend to 10k as that's where most of the sludge issues i heard about came from.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    You change oil every 5K naman? That should be okay of so. Just don't use full synth and extend to 10k as that's where most of the sludge issues i heard about came from.
    nope I don't still change oil every 5k instead of every 10K or every 6th of the month whichever comes first. You were saying use semi-synth instead of FC so I can change oil every 5K or every 3rd of the months whichever comes first? TIA

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    [QUOTE=vinj;2701136]You can doing a full flush first; high detergent oil + Baldwin filter with a close change oil interval. (1,500 kms then 5,000kms). You can also try using an engine flush oil when you do the change oil inbetween.

You can also opt to open up the valve cover and have it cleaned physically then install a new gasket, then use a high detergency oil and good filter. That's what i would do.

Sir Vinj any recommended na high detergent oil? if i have the valve cover remove, kelangan din ba ibaba pa yung oil pan? thanks sa reply sir really appreciate it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast