New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Don't operate a vehicle if you can't change the tires by yourself, get a chauffeur instead.
    Nothing wrong asking for assistance to change a tire and not everyone can afford a chauffeur. Such roadside service typically comes free as a perk with your car insurance or as a privilege from many loyalty and/or club memberships.

As an example, I can change my own tires and I have, in fact, done it in the past. But that was inside the protection of my garage... no sun, no rain. I currently drive an Innova and people who owns one knows that you will have to fish the spare tire from underneath the rear end. But even before that, you will have to reach into the spare tire first to remove the security lock before you can winch it down. And then, you will have to position the hydraulic jack near or under an axle. You will likely have to kneel down to be able to position it properly and see that the jack is centered.

All this is kinda difficult to do when you're in a formal, business, or even in your mall outfit. That said, under these circumstances, I'd rather pay somebody else do it or call roadside assistance.

In the poster's defense, I suppose the Trailblazer would have even bigger and heavier tires so I wouldn't be surprised if people opt to have someone else do it for them, if they have that choice.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

In the poster's defense, I suppose the Trailblazer would have even bigger and heavier tires so I wouldn't be surprised if people opt to have someone else do it for them, if they have that choice.
    Yes, bit heavy lalo yung 20's Happened to me twice and good thing it was still manageable to drive even under inflated and brought to shop with size 20 capable changer.

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Nothing wrong asking for assistance to change a tire
    Oo nga naman.

While may point din si 12V na you should learn how to change a tire so you can help yourself in case of an emergency, aminado ako, it's dirty, tiring work. Lalo na nga siguro kung mga oversize AT na gulong like sa Hilux ko.

===
    Last week I was going to rotate the tires (all four) on my mini hatchback. I was already going to get the trolley jack we keep in the garage (the OEM Scissor jack supplied in the trunk of most cars is too cumbersome to use so pang emergency lang talaga yun), then napaisip ako.

Rather than get all dirty & messy, dinala ko na lang sa Servitek where they had a car lifter & power socket wrenches. It took mga 20 min lang and cost P200, which I gladly paid. While I'm all for saving money and DIY, bakit mo naman pahihirapan sarili mo?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Or at least learn how to jack up your car properly and how your tires are changed. In the case of my wife, she cannot physically change the tires but there will always be tambays or someone nearby who you can pay to do the task for you and knowing how to will help you guide that person to do it properly

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Oo nga naman.

While may point din si 12V na you should learn how to change a tire so you can help yourself in case of an emergency, aminado ako, it's dirty, tiring work. Lalo na nga siguro kung mga oversize AT na gulong like sa Hilux ko.

===
    Last week I was going to rotate the tires (all four) on my mini hatchback. I was already going to get the trolley jack we keep in the garage (the OEM Scissor jack supplied in the trunk of most cars is too cumbersome to use so pang emergency lang talaga yun), then napaisip ako.

Rather than get all dirty & messy, dinala ko na lang sa Servitek where they had a car lifter & power socket wrenches. It took mga 20 min lang and cost P200, which I gladly paid. While I'm all for saving money and DIY, bakit mo naman pahihirapan sarili mo?
    Its what they call exercise.. hehe

I have cordless impact wrench lagi sa car.. and it comes handy in times like this.. one time hit a metal clip that immediately pierced my tire and its loosing air fast i had to pull over.. changed the flat tire in 10 mins

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Ahh hindi pala maselan dahil Xwind sabi ng mekaniko

Thai OE# 8979125310P, Japan PN# 8941583280, GM# 94158328

Yung Thai bilin mo tig P40 lang isa or mas mura ung replacement ordinary copper gasket sa auto shop.

Torque for drain-plug is 44 N.m. You may DL the manual at Indian Chevy site, name is Chevy Tavera BSIII (4JA1 non-CRDi).
    Sa Ertiga, would you know kung ano OE#?

re flat tire- nangyari sa akin sa Chowking Dr A Santos Ave, 1AM, from Airport kumain kami napansin ni misis na deflated yung front right, hindi ko naiisip yung roadside / 24-hr assistance ng Standard insurance. Tagaktak pawis ko. That was the first flat tire we had

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sp00nman View Post

re flat tire- nangyari sa akin sa Chowking Dr A Santos Ave, 1AM, from Airport kumain kami napansin ni misis na deflated yung front right, hindi ko naiisip yung roadside / 24-hr assistance ng Standard insurance. Tagaktak pawis ko. That was the first flat tire we had
    bakit kaya yun iba di marunong magpalit ng flat tire?
    late 90s ako una nag palit ng flat tire, partida di pako nagbasa ng manual. pms ng auto e driver namin gumagawa, pero alam kong may spare sa trunk at may tools like jack and wrench. di ko ginamit yun notch sa ilalim ng passenger door that's meant for the jack pero common sense suggested that i need to use against the hardest surface under. ang kinatakot ko lang nun ay baka di ako umabot sa bahay at baka wala yun driver namin na mautusan bumili ng bago gulong (iirc wala pa ako idea sa vulcanizing).

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ Yung 80's kids bro sila mismo ang nag vvulcanize ng mga de-interior na gulong. Dipa uso noon ang tubeless..

Sa ngayon tubelsess na lahat matagal kumupos ang gulong so kung flat, pump mo lang using portable tyre inflator then drive at the nearest tyre shop to have it leak/puncture-tested/repaired.

Re tyre rotation Diy, pampapawis lang yan o exercise. Usually sabay pag inspect ng underchassis at adjust/linis ng rear brake drums

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sp00nman View Post

KB14? Afaik same lang all accross Zuk engine, but you may verify the part number from your PMS receipt. Kung diesel yan with Vdi Engine (VM Motori YD13) i'm sure its a 2x18mm nitrile O-ring which is re-useable.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    KB14? Afaik same lang all accross Zuk engine, but you may verify the part number from your PMS receipt. Kung diesel yan with Vdi Engine (VM Motori YD13) i'm sure its a 2x18mm nitrile O-ring which is re-useable.
    Thanks, 12vdc !

KB14 and yes Gas lang nilabas na mga modelo dito.

Re-usable nga siguro kasi hindi natatanggal yung gasket naalala ko nung nag change oil lang kami last month loose sya sa bolt pero hindi maalis. Pero nanghingi din ng sealant yung yung pinsan ni Misis, ask ko nga kung hindi sasama sa langis yung sealant hindi naman daw. Tiwala ako kasi supervisor sya sa me T na emblem for 20 years.. hehe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
oil drain plug