New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Pansin ko hindi masyado active mazda people dito sa tsikot..

Sayang blocked kasi sa office yung mtp site.

I might start a discussion re engine swaps:

z5 dohc (jdm)
    b5 dohc (jdm)
    bp dohc (jdm)
    bpt (jdm) - asa naman ako walang budget para dito
    b6 dohc (phdm)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    here's a question

i have a 7k-e (revo) i would like to swap it with 2az-fe hindi ba ako mahihirapan? in terms of power/weight ratio.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badaboom View Post
    here's a question

i have a 7k-e (revo) i would like to swap it with 2az-fe hindi ba ako mahihirapan? in terms of power/weight ratio.
    It's not the power/weight ratio that's the problem. The problem is that the engine wasn't built to be mounted longitudinally. You're better off looking for an Innova engine, or maybe even a Revo diesel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    oo nga pala engine mounts. thanks

if im going to change from gas to diesel ill also change the diff. what could be the best option 2.4 longitudinal?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    pero i saw an engine mod. evo9 from stock to longitudinal grabe. galing ng hapon.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    pero i saw an engine mod. evo9 from stock to longitudinal grabe. galing ng hapon.
    I assume their purpose is to make it a RWD.

Although I know it can still run AWD on longitudinal layout.

Anyway, re your Revo, you may just want to consider old-school Toyota turbo diesel.

My car club mate did that (or maybe his dad). He used to have the 7K.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You sure? You can make an EVO9 rear-wheel drive by welding off the front diff. No need to change the orientation of the engine.

You can run a 4G63 longitudinally, with the transmission from a 2 liter box-type. But those trannies aren't built to hold copious amounts of power. It's a better idea to keep the stock AWD configuration.

The current Camry 2 liter engines don't share anything with current longitudinal Toyota engines... if you're going to convert them to RWD, you're going to have to build an adapter plate to bolt up the transmission... then you'll have to convert the Revo to electric radiator fans... then you'll need custom engine mounts... you might also want to look at repositioning some of the accessories (more custom brackets) to better fit the engine bay... you'll definitely need a custom intake and a fully custom exhaust... then you'll need to figure out how to wire an OBDII engine into your OBDI car without throwing a code...

Seriously. Just get a Revo engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thanks for the inputs guys.

im bored with the 1.8 stock, if im going to change the engine to a diesel do i need to change my diff? tranny?? etc..
    in terms of shops that do engine swaps. can you give me the names and their place?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
non-mazda engine swap to 323 astina