New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    hi po,

just recently changed my timing belt , napansin ko po medyo gumanda yung idling and much smoother po yung tunog ng engine ko.

i noticed lang po that ngayon during starting po is medyo di na one click yun starting ko,as in medyo hirap po sya magstart .ideally po ba the timing of the engine is checked after the replacement of the T belt?

salamat po mga sir

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    You must set your timing by using timing light to ensure your car BTDC this allows the fuel mixture to have a more comlete burn ensuring full power to the compression stroke. You have to know your engine timing, different car have different timing and no idea what kind of vehicle you drive.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    hi po,

just recently changed my timing belt , napansin ko po medyo gumanda yung idling and much smoother po yung tunog ng engine ko.

i noticed lang po that ngayon during starting po is medyo di na one click yun starting ko,as in medyo hirap po sya magstart .ideally po ba the timing of the engine is checked after the replacement of the T belt?

salamat po mga sir
    after a TB replacement, timing should be checked and adjusted.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Kumusta naman ang power hindi ba nagbago?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Kung diesel yan, baka may palya yung glow plugs.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sama ko na din dito sa thREAD ok lang ba sa L3 na hindi na paganahin ang timing belt i mean e yung sa langis ba yun o maliit na timing belt?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    power ?hmmmm medyo smooth lang sir.not sure sa power

and also my ride is Galant 7G po pala .

i also noticed that during idling po pala something like parang nabubulunan or parang sinisinok yung idle nya.

thank you po sa mga inputs.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    sir valve timing po yan. paki check na lang po.. tnx

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by technismo View Post
    sir valve timing po yan. paki check na lang po.. tnx
    This is right. Definitely.

Baka lumampas ng ipin yung camshaft pulley nung binalik yung timing belt. Have a mitsu expert correct your camshaft position/valve timing. Kung swak naman yung timing marks eh no need to adjust your ignition timing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Newly Changed TBelt ,starting issues?