New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    ipa check mo muna cylinder head. kung ok pa, c. head gasket nalang palitan mo. valve seals and guide, palitan mo na rin. kung defective na talaga c. head, surplus kana. but you need to buy new valves, to be sure na sakto talaga. one more thing and very impt, look for another mechanic. taga ka dyan.
    werd.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hey.i have the same problem as neverwinter pro 93' honda hatchback.kakabili lang nito last month, 2ndhand. me alam ba kyo na matinong mekaniko/shop kung saan pwede pagawa 2.im in bacoor cavite pde dn malapit sa las pinas.thanks so much!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    bro,try mo sa BLANCHE racing sa sucat..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by neverwinter View Post
    Guys, I desperately need your advice.

Nag overheat yung kotse ko last week and now kailangan na daw ng top overhaul dahil naghalo na yung tubig at langis. It's a Lancer 95 GLXi and the estimated cost is around Php 29.4K!

-- 5.5K labor overhaul
    -- 10.4K replacement of 16 valves (*650 each manipis na daw)
    -- 9K for the kit
    -- 4.5 for the machine shop

Any idea how much it would cost if I just have the engine replaced? Is it easy to get the same engine to avoid additional cost? Any recommended suppliers?

Really appreciate the help. Thanks.
    bro,bili ka nalang ng surplus na engine.. almost gnon din.. magagastos mo..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zx6rr View Post
    bro,try mo sa BLANCHE racing sa sucat..

thanks. san exactly sa sucat?la tlga ko gno alam sa cars,sensya na po.mga magkno ba magagastos ko?pno nmn kung magpapalit na lang ng makina

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hello would like to ask which machine shop did you ask for the rework and what are the things that would be done with the head just had my diesel head brought to a machine shop along aurora boulevard near the computer malls in gilmore they are charging me 6k just for valve seat valve guide crack test head gasket reface i think they are over charging me and also they are asking me to chage my intake exhaust valve but my valves cost about 150 a piece i dont know if there is a difference with gas and diesel valves but all in all projected cost of the whole thing to have the whole engine probably rebuit would come to about 24k if i change my pistons also

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    B168,

Ok na yan presyo dahil 16 valves ang pinagawa ni NWinter. Kung wala kang mechanic you can sometimes avail the mechanics discount/commission. That is why close ako sa machine shops na pinagagawan ko dahil nakukuha ko yung discount kasi ako din naman ang mechanic ko.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs View Post
    thanks. san exactly sa sucat?la tlga ko gno alam sa cars,sensya na po.mga magkno ba magagastos ko?pno nmn kung magpapalit na lang ng makina
    bro,try mo sa evangalista or sa banawe.. dame dun.. basta pa start mo muna nad muc better if mag sama ka ng kakillala mo na mechanic.. goodluck bro..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ho can you tell kung ok yung surplus head by just looking at it? di mo naman malalaman kung pantay pa yan without the help of a machine shop.

imo, use your old head unless may crack na. that way alam mo you repaired it properly and are not using a head that has been sitting in a junk pile for a long time.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Guys, thanks for all the suggestions... I was able to get the overhaul done with a different mechanic for < 7k, including parts. Buti na lang hindi ako kumagat dun sa una

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Need Help Engine Overhaul