New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hello! Help naman please.Gusto ko malaman what ang valve sequence ng e12r toyota engine ko.mag setting ako and magkaiba ang gap ng exhaust at intake.Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by donraddiaz View Post
    Hello! Help naman please.Gusto ko malaman what ang valve sequence ng e12r toyota engine ko.mag setting ako and magkaiba ang gap ng exhaust at intake.Thank you.

donraddiaz,
    if i remember right, R series engines were timing chain driven camshaft and the firing order is still 1342. so, if you put number 1 cylinder at top dead center power stroke, both valves, intake and exhaust on 1 can be checked/adjusted for lash together with the exhaust valve on cylilnder 2 and intake valve on 3. on the next revolution of the crankshaft, the other valves can be checked/adjusted
    jick

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Ok. Thanks. 8 valves yun sya eh,gusto ko lang malaman what ang sequence ng valve.From the propeller,is it Exhaust,intake,intake,exhaust,exhaust,intake,exhau st,intake.Kasi magkaiba ang gap setting eh...0.08 sa intake and 0.015 sa exhaust at cold.Please reply.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by donraddiaz View Post
    Ok. Thanks. 8 valves yun sya eh,gusto ko lang malaman what ang sequence ng valve.From the propeller,is it Exhaust,intake,intake,exhaust,exhaust,intake,exhau st,intake.Kasi magkaiba ang gap setting eh...0.08 sa intake and 0.015 sa exhaust at cold.Please reply.

donraddiaz,
    these engines were produced from 1969 to 1988. memory has it lost. but if you look carefully on top of the cylinder head where you see the valves, you can trace the passages whether they go towards the intake manifold or if they go to the exhaust manifold
    jick

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ok.thank you talaga.My car's engine is still in top condition but i do beleive with the proper valve adjustment it will be better.It's a silver edition toyota corona.very reliable ang underchasis pati engine performance.Walang kaba pag nag lolong trip ako.

Naghahanap nga ako sa internet ng details ng engine at ng kabuohang unit kaso lang wala na/di na ako makakita.May book sa Ebay pero nasa US naman.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks talaga.Nakuha ko na ung sequence nya..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    How about for the brakes,Slightly Stucked up yung Front Right portion nya..What ang need ko ipaayos o palitan?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Keep that beautiful car. Its a heritage.

Kung disk breaks na yan caliper lang linisan. if not linisan lang mga piston ng breaks, palit wheel cylinder rubber boot and caps.

My 12r engine corona valve sequence