New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo6k View Post
    correct, but it means you can have a better performance car even with a stock 1.5 engine.
    as stated from my previous post, unmodified vehicles pls, nobody will argue bout power to weight ratio...thats already a given..yes better performance not solely by changing the exhaust...
    Last edited by MR_BIG18; September 20th, 2016 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Years ago, i'd regularly hear a tuned boxer engine in our neighborhood from a block away. Sadly, that same vehicle was involved in a fatal accident.

I hold the same thoughts. With a typical old vehicle (let's say, a 90s 1.6L), there is more power and efficiency to be gained by ensuring the vehicle is properly tuned, and all components are functioning optimally (sensors, A/F, drivetrain, etc.) before looking at the bolt-ons.

If people start bringing up "how about a 4AGE, SR20?", etc. That's already a different discussion from the run-of-the-mill GAs, 4AFEs, SOHC VTEC, and similar mass-produced engines, as we are already talking about tuner oriented engines.

If you do upgrade, gains will also depend on how restrictive the stock system is as well; on a GA engined B14 Sentra many years ago, we tried using headers hooked up to the aftermarket exhaust system and there were no gains. We swapped the intake to a cold-air system and voila, it gained a better top-end - the problem was the restrictive intake system. In contrast, I've also seen aftermarket mano-mano exhaust systems even ruin a car's powerband (lost too much low and mid end to negate the top end gains) when the vehicle was hooked up on a dyno to verify the changes. SCC also did a test before: A stock GA16DE engine will put around 80+ hp at the wheels. Using a well-designed intake and exhaust system together with tuning will bring it up to around 105-110hp at the wheels (similar output to the HP at the crank), and this is with an engine that was known to have a restrictive intake and exhaust system (so it was an more of a outlier than the norm).
    less restrictive intake (engine bay noise) + less restrictive exhaust (louder exhaust) = but improved torque/hp
    the noise is the trade-off, so its up to us of what we choose. im not saying i vote for the irritating loud mufflers, for the TS i recommend japan branded muffler that has a less restriction but with acceptable db level as per jasma.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    kung hindi talaga mapigilan mag muffler.

hanap na lang ng Japan surplus na JASMA certified na chambered muffler. tapos 24" custom-made resonator. same sound ng stock muffler at idle, tapos mahinang grunt lang ang tunog kapag binibirit.

or hanap ng muffler na may silencer attachment. (may silencer for daily use, tanggalin na lang during track day).

para hindi istorbo sa kapit bahay at sa ibang tao.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    as stated from my previous post, unmodified vehicles pls, nobody will argue bout power to weight ratio...thats already a given..yes better performance not solely by changing the exhaust...
    sorry my bad for including weight reduction mods. regarding for better performance, yes but we need to start somewhere even if only for a slight increase, that's the correct approach anyway. keep on driving and as you go along you will know what needs to be improve, then mods one at a time, then dyno it or lap it, there you can verify if it did improve or not or worse. thanks sir

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    sorry my bad for including weight reduction mods. regarding for better performance, yes but we need to start somewhere even if only for a slight increase, that's the correct approach anyway. keep on driving and as you go along you will know what needs to be improve, then mods one at a time, then dyno it or lap it, there you can verify if it did improve or not or worse. thanks sir
    guilty of doing the I/H/E route when i was younger, like 20 years ago, evrybody goes thru that phase, i was also contemplating of upgraging my subaru with downpipe, invidia cat and a ecutek tune, a conservative tune will net me around 280-300hp at the wheels....i did 230kph at tplex before, but that novelty soon faded..what did i accomplish? wala.......yabang lang...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Ay grabe naman dito, diko alam kung nasagot yung tanong ko, oh kumuha lang ako ng haters. Mali pa ata yung pag gamit ko ng salitang "macho". Pag magpapakabit na pala ngayon ng exhaust automatic magyayabang kana. Hirap nmn nun, di lahat ng may sasakyan pare pareho po. Anyway salamat na din. Salamat dun sa sumagot ng derecho sa tanong.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Salanguit View Post
    Ay grabe naman dito, diko alam kung nasagot yung tanong ko, oh kumuha lang ako ng haters. Mali pa ata yung pag gamit ko ng salitang "macho". Pag magpapakabit na pala ngayon ng exhaust automatic magyayabang kana. Hirap nmn nun, di lahat ng may sasakyan pare pareho po. Anyway salamat na din. Salamat dun sa sumagot ng derecho sa tanong.

we apologize....remember sir, those are just opinions, dont take it personally, if you really want to be macho, i could help you with that

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    we apologize....remember sir, those are just opinions, dont take it personally, if you really want to be macho, i could help you withh that
    Hehe. Wala nmn boss yun. Diko lang ma gets kung bakit may galet, pati pagkalalaki na kwestyon pa haha. Kaya nga ako nagtanong ng malinawan, buti pa yung kay ginnova nag provide ng option, may mga ganun pala. Ganun nlng sana. Ayos nmn ako sa opinyon kaso parang may mali lang. Well, ayus na. Hanap hanap nlng. Wala ako msyado alam sa tuning or ano man, nagustuhan ko lang magpakabet, kase yung brother in law ko meron di sya maingay gaya nung sinasabi ng ilan dito, wala pang kapitbahay na nagalet so kaya naging interested ako. Kaso sa gilid gilid lang pinagawa, di sya mukang stainless eh. Parang talyer made ata sa marikina daw.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    guilty of doing the I/H/E route when i was younger, like 20 years ago, evrybody goes thru that phase, i was also contemplating of upgraging my subaru with downpipe, invidia cat and a ecutek tune, a conservative tune will net me around 280-300hp at the wheels....i did 230kph at tplex before, but that novelty soon faded..what did i accomplish? wala.......yabang lang...
    nice! as for me, anything that will improve the performance no matter how big or small is acceptable, because thats what keep the excitement of driving.

i have a base model 1.3 vios all stock from factory. since it is already old, gunk accumulated the catcon, so i replaced it with a pipe (same diameter as the rest) then the car felt light (bec no more gunk restricted cat) an improved torque maybe. so bec of that i want more less restriction, a jasma muffler came in, then the car response on hi speed improved, easy to regain speed. but then, i let more air out but not more air in so i ditch the airbox for a short ram. then some to improvement on fuel supply to match those air, and something to perfectly ignite those craziness

oh and ofcourse, better brakes for safety.

so, for TS go for the JASMA muffler and start from there

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    nice! as for me, anything that will improve the performance no matter how big or small is acceptable, because thats what keep the excitement of driving.

i have a base model 1.3 vios all stock from factory. since it is already old, gunk accumulated the catcon, so i replaced it with a pipe (same diameter as the rest) then the car felt light (bec no more gunk restricted cat) an improved torque maybe. so bec of that i want more less restriction, a jasma muffler came in, then the car response on hi speed improved, easy to regain speed. but then, i let more air out but not more air in so i ditch the airbox for a short ram. the some to improvement to fuel supply to match those air, and something to perfectly ignite those craziness

oh and ofcourse, better brakes for safety.

so, for TS go for the JASMA muffler and start from there
    go ahead papi, as long as you are happy...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Salanguit View Post
    Hehe. Wala nmn boss yun. Diko lang ma gets kung bakit may galet, pati pagkalalaki na kwestyon pa haha. Kaya nga ako nagtanong ng malinawan, buti pa yung kay ginnova nag provide ng option, may mga ganun pala. Ganun nlng sana. Ayos nmn ako sa opinyon kaso parang may mali lang. Well, ayus na. Hanap hanap nlng. Wala ako msyado alam sa tuning or ano man, nagustuhan ko lang magpakabet, kase yung brother in law ko meron di sya maingay gaya nung sinasabi ng ilan dito, wala pang kapitbahay na nagalet so kaya naging interested ako. Kaso sa gilid gilid lang pinagawa, di sya mukang stainless eh. Parang talyer made ata sa marikina daw.

tama, walang basagan ng trip....

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast