New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Sir, with the fluids that you recommend replacement, will Motech be able to provide those service? My AC is good since I know the 1st owner and just got AC cleaned before handing over my Innova.

Thanks for the tips. Will visit the Cainta branch since its the closest to my crib.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    For fluid replacement sir for high mileage cars like Flushing of brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid, ATF exchanger yung experience ko sa Motech Mindanao ave branch wala sila proper tools/machinery when I inquired nung nagpa change oil ako.

Well yung brake, clutch, atf at power steering fluid eh pwede naman i mano mano kaso much better kung may dedicated machine talaga. Other shops kasi near Motech Mindanao ave brach meron sila gamit.

Try to inquire sir kung pano process nila when changing ng fluids nila.

OT: Nag avail pala ko ng discount card nila with included insurance and towing kaso wala pa yung card.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by topherv1 View Post
    Sir, with the fluids that you recommend replacement, will Motech be able to provide those service? My AC is good since I know the 1st owner and just got AC cleaned before handing over my Innova.

Thanks for the tips. Will visit the Cainta branch since its the closest to my crib.

They can but for items such as fuel filter, air filter, coolant and gear oil, i prefer Toyota original (you can buy at the CASA if a trip to Banawe is out of your way).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I've seen at least two Motech service centers open on what used to be Rapide centers - I guess the implied (though not necessarily valid) association with a not-so-good brand is the only reason I'm hesitant to try them out.

Speaking of brand-association, it does not look like they are connected with the company which provides engine management systems, and definitely not the same company who provided Hector the exhaust for his SPOON Civics...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    They can but for items such as fuel filter, air filter, coolant and gear oil, i prefer Toyota original (you can buy at the CASA if a trip to Banawe is out of your way).
    Good point, there is a Toyota showroom near Tikling, will check with them. BTW, you have any idea how much will the air filter, oil filter, transmission oil will be if I get the stuff from Toyota?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    It is not advisable if it is "quick service" i.e. the mechanic drains your oil, takes off the oil filter, goes out for a 15 minute break, then closes your drain plug, installs a new oil filter and tops up on new oil.

Some of the residual flushing chemical is still there inside your engine, due to the short drain interval.

Flushing chemicals maybe used, but let your engine drain overnight.

Be sure to tape a reminder on the steering wheel of the car that it has no engine oil.
    In fairness with Motech (I already tried their engine flush), they're using an oil based engine flush vs the kerosene based commercial flushes. It's like you're using a regular engine oil (at a lower cost) as flush. Anyways, if we regularly change our oils every 5k kilometers, then I believe these flushes are not necessary.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by topherv1 View Post
    Good point, there is a Toyota showroom near Tikling, will check with them. BTW, you have any idea how much will the air filter, oil filter, transmission oil will be if I get the stuff from Toyota?

Not too sure as i buy my parts from Toyorama in Banawe. Assuming you're getting around 3-4L or premixed coolant, 2-3L of transmission fluid, an air filter and fuel filter, budget around 4K+ maybe.

To compare, you can call Toyorama 712-0016 or 712-0105, or Toyota to get a quote; I'd assume the CASA will charge higher for the air and fuel filters but the fluids should not be far off.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Not too sure as i buy my parts from Toyorama in Banawe. Assuming you're getting around 3-4L or premixed coolant, 2-3L of transmission fluid, an air filter and fuel filter, budget around 4K+ maybe.

To compare, you can call Toyorama 712-0016 or 712-0105, or Toyota to get a quote; I'd assume the CASA will charge higher for the air and fuel filters but the fluids should not be far off.
    Thanks sa inputs. Will definitely give them a call. Been asking as I havent had my Innova checked (fluids, underchassis, suspension, brakes, clutch) by a shop. So preparing myself after my free PMS with Motech on what may need to be replaced.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I had a bad experience with Motech in VLuna. I had a problem with the ignition coils which caused the vibrating engine. They want to replace the fuel pump. I asked, is there a way to check if my fuel pump assembly is still good. They said they do not have a way of checking that. When I asked, what if the problem persists even though the fuel pump was replaced, should I still pay for the new pump, they said yes.

Kung doctor yan, di ako magtitiwala sa kanya. Tipong gusto akong operahan kahit na hindi man lang nagla-lab test.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Mukhang sikat ang motech ngayon. 36 branches na. President is a certain Mr. Eugene Naguiat. Sya rin ba sa Rapide? =)
    I think magkaiba naman owners.
    Anyway, any other review sa motech? Pinakamalapit is boni serrano branch in crame

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast