New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    They say, Fully Synthetic is better at heat protection and Extended Drain Intervals ..

The Heat Protection can benefit any type of driving conditions.
    Extended Drain Intervals can only benefit those who are frequently out of the City or Fleets because they easily achieve the 5000kms/3months interval which is a hassle for some so they chose Fully Synthetic to change it every 10,000kms ...

But what about the ordinary office guy who can't get 10,000 kms in a year but still wanted to use synthetic for the heat protection reason .. Ofcourse I don't wanna wait 2 years to achieve 10,000 kms before changing oil ...

So what's the proper drain interval for Semi-Synthetics & Fully-Synthetics using months instead of kilometers ??

If:

Mineral Oil = every 3months/5,000kms

What months should Semi & Fully be drain & change ???

Semi-Synthetic = ????/7,000kms

Fully-Synthetic = ????/10,000kms

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    what do you mean by high heat protection? if your car overheats... something is wrong with your cooling system.

don't worry about heat too much, I mean, do you drive like you're racing or you're just following slow cars in front of you? you're hardly pushing the engine which doesn't make much heat.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    what do you mean by high heat protection? if your car overheats... something is wrong with your cooling system.

don't worry about heat too much, I mean, do you drive like you're racing or you're just following slow cars in front of you? you're hardly pushing the engine which doesn't make much heat.
    What I meant with heat protection is its better at lubricating engine parts compared to mineral oil ..

As far as I know, engine is cooled in 2 ways .. 1st is the engine oil absorbs the heat while lubricating the engine .. 2nd is the coolant absorbs the heat of the engine and the oil ..

That's why the engine will still overheat if the oil has not been change for a long time even if the coolant and cooling system of the car is in good condition ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    so you experienced this overheating because of bad engine oil?

got proof?

engine book reference?
    Last edited by StockEngine; January 24th, 2018 at 01:08 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    so you experienced this overheating because of bad engine oil?

got proof?

engine book reference?
    Nope ..

But everytime I've read about Synthetic Oils in the internet, they're always associated with the term "better heat resistance" ..

I just use my common sense that better heat resistance leads to better engine protection .. (oil will not easily break down, no sludge formation, healthy engine, will not be prone to overheat) ..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in my experience, a poorly lubricated engine does not necessarily overheat.
    it may show flickering oil warning light, or it simply stops running. "frozen engine".

7. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    fully synthetic is the best. kahit anong brand basta tama yung viscosity para sa auto mo.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by almighty2018 View Post
    fully synthetic is the best. kahit anong brand basta tama yung viscosity para sa auto mo.
    So if fully synthetic, ilang months bago magpalit ??? Hindi ko kasi abot ang 10,000 kilometers in one year ... Ayaw ko naman maghintay ng 2 years para maabot ang 10,000kms ...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ano ba auto mo?

different cars different oci by manufacturers.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ano ba auto mo?

different cars different oci by manufacturers.
    Old but prestine condition Corolla GLi 1996 4afe ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast