New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeyan View Post
    So maybe it has something to do with the fuel injector or ignition coil that causes the misfires? I want to fix the misfire first before fixing the catalytic...

There is no good mechanic here in batangas i think...

Maybe a good mechanic or better yet a good technician. What a shame.
    The condition can be observed and diagnosed with an engine analyzer os oscilloscope which we have been using since the seventies. Maybe our automotive schools only train students to be parts replacers😟.

The ignition, fuel and some mechanical symptoms can be seen like an EKG to an experienced physician.

So much of that, ask to have the PCM scanned again, this time record the STFT and the LTFT ( short term fuel trim and long term fuel trim respectively.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Maybe a good mechanic or better yet a good technician. What a shame.
    The condition can be observed and diagnosed with an engine analyzer os oscilloscope which we have been using since the seventies. Maybe our automotive schools only train students to be parts replacers😟.

The ignition, fuel and some mechanical symptoms can be seen like an EKG to an experienced physician.

So much of that, ask to have the PCM scanned again, this time record the STFT and the LTFT ( short term fuel trim and long term fuel trim respectively.
    If only a mazda center is near here i will go and have it scanned but its too far and the car is behaving very bad and i might damage it more travelling that far...

Thanks for the advice and find a shop who knows that fuel trim... they dont even know where to start troubleshooting even they know whats my problem... and now my cat is broken due to using it travelling to find a good shop

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    If only a mazda center is near here i will go and have it scanned but its too far and the car is behaving very bad and i might damage it more travelling that far...

Thanks for the advice and find a shop who knows that fuel trim... they dont even know where to start troubleshooting even they know whats my problem... and now my cat is broken due to using it travelling to find a good shop
    I'm wondering if what I'm thinking is next to impossible:

1. Go to Mazda or call and arrange for an appointment.

2. Call a towing service, a carrier that will bring the car to Mazda.

This should cost you about 4,000 Pesos. However, I have the peace of mind that someone from Mazda (hopefully) is competent enough to diagnose the problem.

The premise is, I don't know someone who is good enough to troubleshoot the car in our garage.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I'm wondering if what I'm thinking is next to impossible:

1. Go to Mazda or call and arrange for an appointment.

2. Call a towing service, a carrier that will bring the car to Mazda.

This should cost you about 4,000 Pesos. However, I have the peace of mind that someone from Mazda (hopefully) is competent enough to diagnose the problem.

The premise is, I don't know someone who is good enough to troubleshoot the car in our garage.
    The only thing im after mazda is their scanner for full diagnosis... because small scanners cannot get logged codes... maybe they can fond the problem based on the code they will get which dont show when my car is idle or moving slow

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    The only thing im after mazda is their scanner for full diagnosis... because small scanners cannot get logged codes... maybe they can fond the problem based on the code they will get which dont show when my car is idle or moving slow
    I remember back with our CR-V 98, the transmission will engage intermittently until it stopped working. I called the guy from Honda and he arranged for a towing service. After the diagnosis, they recommended to replace the transmission. Price is about 250,000 and I have to wait for at least one month as the said part will be ordered from Japan.

The same guy who brought it took the car to another shop and they gave me the option to replace it with a surplus unit for three days or they buy a repair kit and fix it for at least one week. I opted to replace it.

Right now, I'm building good relationship with the Mazda boys.

I'm off topic again...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Finally found a good mechanic... my car really is running very bad like it will die anytym... then i went to this shop and he easily found the problem upon opening the hood... the vaccuum hose is cutted and air leaking... but still after fixing idle is misfiring then changed 1 ignition coil no.4... and everything went fine after.... is it ok changing 1 ignition coil or i should change the 3 more?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Finally found a good mechanic... my car really is running very bad like it will die anytym... then i went to this shop and he easily found the problem upon opening the hood... the vaccuum hose is cutted and air leaking... but still after fixing idle is misfiring then changed 1 ignition coil no.4... and everything went fine after.... is it ok changing 1 ignition coil or i should change the 3 more?
    better to change all ignition coils..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    is it ok changing 1 ignition coil or i should change the 3 more?
    if they're cheap, why not. I had two go one week, replaced them at the CASA, then the other two gave out the following week...just not my luck back then....

Also, just a tip, if the ECU was ever reset by disconnecting the battery. Always do the 20min idle reset, this will re-teach the ECU on the throttle body ICV current performance (quality of air it lets in on idle). Otherwise it'll be doing the relearning process on the road(you'll see the rev going up and down like crazy for the first 100kms...when you're at idle.)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Hi Maeyan - I am also from Batangas and a Mazda 3 owner 2006 model. I do not have a problem with the car but since Manila is too far would like to know where is the good mazda mechanic or shop in Batangas. TIA!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast