New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yea youre right, what i mean are afermarket leafs not surplus or locally made ones. like that made by OME. but yes the coils are also expensive. OME makes one and a half inch higher than stock leaf springs for most locally available picks ups, they ride a lot better than OEM leaf springs, and they are being sold locally. they also have for Patrol MQ, LC40, LC60, hi-lux all leaf, suzuki samurai. Rancho also is selling here leaf springs for hi-lux and LC40.

shackle lifts are ok but they change the angle of the of the pinion flange putting strain to the cross joints. and they are 50% effective. if you make a shackle 2 inhes longer than stock, effective lift is only 1 inch.

of course another alternative for lifting leaf sprung vehicles is by BBS. what we call "balbal springs" meaning you have them re-arched using a hammer. but they will revert back to orig position in no time and are prone to breakage.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    leaf spring eto yung welya/welye mostly sa pickups mo makikita

pros:
    madaling i lift
    easy to maintain
    ok sa loading

cons:
    matagtag

coils of course yung coils springs,
    pros:
    lambot ride
    cons:
    mahal replacement (di ba ungas)
    hi! (super newbie question) does this refer to the kind of suspension? If yes, i noticed that the jimny's suspension is described as "3-link coil, rigid-axle". following the above distinction, shouldn't the jimny's ride be malambot?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    April_Ryan,

Pinagandang pangalan ng "coil-spring suspension" lang iyan. Hehehe. Ewan ko nga bakit kelangan pa banggitin ng marketing people ang number of links. Malambot nga ang ride ng Jimny kaya lang talagang maikli ang wheelbase niya kaya hindi pa din ganun kaganda ang ride.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    coils of course yung coils springs,
    pros:
    lambot ride
    cons:
    mahal replacement (di ba ungas)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    Baka you were refering to OEM coil springs....ungas' coil spring upgrades are not that cheap if i'm not mistaken (tama ba ungas?!?).

Medyo napamahal kasi yung mga coils upgrade ko at first was because of additional poly bushings added to achieve the height I wanted to reach and other bushings that needs to be replaced. Pero kung usapang leaf springs and coils lang ang upgrade at wala ng ibang parts na babaguhin, mas makakamura sa coils suspension setup. Btw, I'm talking about the branded coils upgrade not the OEM parts. Tsaka mas madali mag upgrade ng coils compared to torsion and other IFS setups.

The 3-link and/or 5-link on other coil sprung setups are just added protection and linkage for the differentials. And they are NOT connected to the coils, only LINKED to the diffs as coils do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
LEAF SPRING AND COIL SPRING..