New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    oist Yuichi, tama na yan, baka sabihin na naman we don't give them breathing space. LOLOLOL.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    oist Yuichi, tama na yan, baka sabihin na naman we don't give them breathing space. LOLOLOL.
    ahehehe! oo nga pala

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    would you guys know if the 03 trooper local with 3.0 engine is a CRDI engine?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xox View Post
    would you guys know if the 03 trooper local with 3.0 engine is a CRDI engine?

yup its a CRDI engine.. but its the 1st generation type of crdi engine.. and the trooper was the first car in the philippines using the crdi engine.... and the altera we have tyr now isthe 3rd generation type....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    yung crdi ng mitsubishi 4m41 ko pag binigla bumubuga ng usok sa simula, with catalytic converter na, gaya ng uphill tapos oovertake ako, i know this is normal sa mga diesel engines, yung crdi ba ng ibang brands wala talagang usok kahit binibigla?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    OT: OO nga. Kaya nga I dont I dont post any feedback anymore eh. May flamers pa!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by promdiboy View Post
    yung crdi ng mitsubishi 4m41 ko pag binigla bumubuga ng usok sa simula, with catalytic converter na, gaya ng uphill tapos oovertake ako, i know this is normal sa mga diesel engines, yung crdi ba ng ibang brands wala talagang usok kahit binibigla?
    Tulad ng sinabi ko dati I prefer the Sorento to observe dahil nauna sa market compared to the SF. At wala pa akong nakitang usok kahit biglaan.
    You can also try to find it yourself. See in your rearview mirror, pag Sorento nasa likuran mo, harang-harangin mo nang kunti kung gusto mag overtake, bagal-bagalan mo ng kunti, asar-asarin mo nang kunti para uminit. Tyak pag binigyan mo nang opening, bibigyan ka ng arangkada nun at ma observe mo ang exhaust pipe. Pero hwag lang Sorento subukan mo rin Fort, SF at iba pang mga new generation CRDI para kita mo ebidensya.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Promdiboy: baka po barado na yung air filter. AFAIK, yung usok, mga unburned fuel yun, so something *might* be wrong in the burning process.

sa SF wala, even at 200 km/h.

Pero yung isang SF owner umusok yung sa kanya nung nabaklas yung Turbocharger nya (di naikabit ng maayos ng casa nung tinanggal for the VIN stencil for the CR). So maybe check your turbo too. After maikabit yung sa kanya, no problems and no smoke na ulit.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I don't think ma fully appreciate natin ang CRDI tech dito sa Pinas coz of our very low quality diesel fuel. We are using cheaper kind of diesel fuel coz it's widely used by our public transport. Unlike in other highly developed countries diesel is more expensive than petrol fuel.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    my previous 2003 starex tdic seldom belch black smoke during normal driving conditions, even when i was using it in baguio.. only when the turbo broke down did it emit white smoke..

i think with the crdis now, you will never see these emit black smoke since it runs just like the petrol engines.. even if we use dirty diesels here, they will not emit black smoke that we usually see from old diesel engines of jeeps, fx, trucks and buses..

specially for the first 3 to 4 years of these crdis, when they are still on its peak condition, smoke will be absent from them..

also, i guess because these engines are controlled by the ecu where the mixture of air and diesel are set at the right mixture.. so hard as you might, smoke is a thing of the past for these high tech engines..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Lahat ba ng CRDI "pareha"?