New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    CAI hehehe di naman ako ganun ka-hardcore the Yaris is afterall my econobox, my daily transport to work from home and back... My main issue pa rin is #1 FUEL ECONOMY and #2 ECONOMICS (as against OEM filters) yun lang. HP gains are just consequential and a bonus and I am not after that...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    A good air filter prevents damaging solid particles from entering the engine without restricting air intake volume.

The engine manufacturer determines the maximum allowable size of solid particles admitted by the engine, and controls it by using the correct filter media (micron size of the filter paper's porosity).

The engine manufacturer also knows the engine's air volume requirements at full load and speed. Allowable air intake volume depends on the total porosity of the filter media, which normally equals the throat diameter of the intake plumbing. The larger the area of the filter media...., equals more air...., better for the engine.

In time, the air filter is blocked by dust, the engine receives less air, resulting in low power and high fuel consumption. Power and fuel consumption greatly improve when a blocked air filter is replaced with a new one.

Nothing will beat an OEM air filter as it is tailored to fit it's specific engine application.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks dieseldude mukang honest to goodnest naman yung explanation mo... Sige na nga wag na lang ako kukuha kasi since fuel; economy naman #1 factor ko and mukang di naman makakatulong in that regard!

Again thanks to all the replies... Mukang back to Denso Toyota air filters na uli...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Sirs:

It just so happens that my Mazda B2500 has a branch off the main filter to a sort of resonance chamber.

I dismantled it out of curiosity and found that it had no opening to the outside.

I decided to install an auxiliary air filter from a smaller car onto the branch rather than return the original resonance box.

After doing so, I found that not only did my WL-31 diesel smoke less, but it gave me better fuel economy and slightly better response in the low and mid-range.

I spent a total of Php 1000 extra to attach the filter, including parts to attach it to the branch in the air inlet hose.

The extra air filter also extends the period between the times I have to clean the original main air filter - together it takes longer for any one filter to get dirty.

I thoroughly recommend this to anyone BEFORE they try the K&N route.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Remember, not all OEMs are better than aftermarkets Really depends on the need and requirements.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicVTi View Post
    Not worth it in my opinion. Those filters are expensive (but lasts longer than stock though) and requires oiling from time to time, too much oil and you risk fouling up your MAF sensor resulting in costly repairs. I'd stick to the stock filter, very easy to clean (using pressurized air) and not that expensive to replace if needed.
    100% true. Para sa akin e vanity na lang ang mga yan. Been there, done that . . . my verdict is :thumbdown:
    Last edited by jjmd3_787; June 9th, 2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: tao lang po . . .

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Wag na nga lang. Lalo na for a Getz 1.1 na wala namang improvement sa power. See my experience: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...03#post1509003

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi guys,

I was offered a brand new K&N air filter for 4.8k. my car is a 2003 nissan exalta DS. is it really worth it? thanks guys.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thank you for this thread, wanting to buy na sana K&N filter for fuel economy sana.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    K&N Recharger Kit

sir XTO how much po ba k & n filter for monty 2010 GLS including cleaning kit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
K&N drop-in air filter, WORTH IT?