New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    for me not worth it para gumastos nang 3-4k for an air filter. (although it really added HP on mid-high RPMs on my advie)

anyway, ako binababad ko lang sa water and soap yung K&N filter ko (open type nga lang), tapos patuyuin and then kabit na ulit. (for the meantime use the stock airfilter habang pinapatuyo)
    Last edited by p_borj; June 8th, 2010 at 03:47 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Magkano naman yang cleaning kit? So on top of the long life filter bibilin mo pa yan...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A K&N drop-in is worth between 3-5 hp versus stock paper, depending on the car.

The cleaning kit is not difficult to use. It's extra expense to buy the kit, but it lasts for a long while. (you don't wash that often). I spray lightly, then spray a cloth and use that to rub the oil into the filter well. I dry it off a bit before putting the filter back in.

The problem is... even if you're cleaning it, the filter's performance will still degrade over time, due to dirt and exposure to heat... so you'll still replace it, eventually.

It's not an investment... it's just a power-adder. Nice to have, but not many people can "feel" the difference such a minor mod makes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    As Niky said, you have to clean, re oil it properly by using the K&N Recharger Kit -if not well sayang lang as you will not get the full benefit of it.

Really depends on the owner whether to replace the OEM on not. For example if the OEM filter costs about 2K+ like the current Montero then replacing it with K&N washable filter is an excellent option for a lifetime use. K&N Filter is good for 50,000 miles in the USA before cleaning / recharging.

Honestly, in my 3.2 Monty it goes from 7.6-7.8 to 8.4-8.6 kms/L on city (tipid mode). the plus factor is the added HP when you need it .

Tidus, i'm selling K&N Air Filter for Montero/Strada (only) and Recharger Kit for only Php750. Good for 3-4 cleaning.

K&N Filter is the World's Best Filter.

http://www.knfilters.com/filtercharger.htm
    http://www.knfilters.com/faq.htm

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Hehehe kaso Toyota Yaris yung car in question...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    K&N Recharger Kit

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    ^^Hehehe kaso Toyota Yaris yung car in question...
    Kaya nga depende kung mura lang yung OEM paper filter, and you don't really need the added response then not worth it. Like the case of my Crosswind nasa Php500 lang OEM and less than Php200 ang replacement and i don't really need if ever meron man madagdag na gain kaya di ko na nilagyan ng K&N - baka lalo pa bumilis eh

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    For example if the OEM filter costs about 2K+ like the current Montero then replacing it with K&N washable filter is an excellent option for a lifetime use.
    sa strada/montero sulit na sulit kasi ang mahal ng air filter nila

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    for added hp, CAI na

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Suggestion ko lang kung gusto mong walang langis na nilalagay pag na linis mo na K&N filter gamitin mo iyong dry flow filter ng AEM pag marumi na hanginan mo lang para maalis lang alikabok at dumi .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
K&N drop-in air filter, WORTH IT?