New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello people! greetings and more power to all of us.....anyways, I'm here again to inquire on how to install a custom air intake system which comprises of a HKS airfilter cone type and tube. How do I install this parts? any tips and tricks? thanks and more power

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    easiest way: buy the simota air filter KIT and use all the parts except the simota air filter.

You could actually sell off the simota air filter itself to another guy.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Padamay na rin n31l53n tenks
    balak ko rin lagyan ng custom air intake ang chopseuy wrangler ko nasasagwaan ako pagka snorkel nilagay ko eh. TD27 Turbo (Terrano engine)

Thanks for the input

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    would that simota do just fine for starters?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, yes... downside simota cone filters are paper... not cotton (K&N).

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir ghosthunter, custom air intake lang naman ang pinaguusapan dito, kasi i already modified my air take from stock to k&n. ok ba yung simota air filter kit? how much? will my current air filter (k&n, cone type) will fit in to the air tube (my ride is a 96 civic lxi) of simota kit if i were to use my k&n filter?

thanks!
    Last edited by ian_rex; July 30th, 2005 at 08:25 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....kasya yan. saken kasi they used a simota tube for my k&n. some shops sell the tube seperately.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    sir ghosthunter, custom air intake lang naman ang pinaguusapan dito,
    true but why go through all the hassle of fabricating when you can buy off the shelf for the exact same solution?

... kasi i already modified my air take from stock to k&n. ok ba yung simota air filter kit? how much? will my current air filter (k&n, cone type) will fit in to the air tube (my ride is a 96 civic lxi) of simota kit if i were to use my k&n filter?
    the simota kit uses the same size filter as K&N so they are compatible. In fact, you can either buy the kit or just the tube.

Pricing, roughly the price of the K&N filter would be the price of the simota cone filter & tube kit.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    true but why go through all the hassle of fabricating when you can buy off the shelf for the exact same solution?

the simota kit uses the same size filter as K&N so they are compatible. In fact, you can either buy the kit or just the tube.

Pricing, roughly the price of the K&N filter would be the price of the simota cone filter & tube kit.

ok sir. thanks. i think i'll go for the tube na lang since i have a filter na. the reason behind is because i could not install a strut bar. almost buy the idea of having to change my current setup to cold air intake.

sir may kilala ka bang shop na nagke-carry ng simota? kahit yung contact number na lang. mga how much kaya yung tube?

thanks for the feedback! :D

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scarab
    ....kasya yan. saken kasi they used a simota tube for my k&n. some shops sell the tube seperately.
    sir pahingi ng mga contact numbers kung saan pwede bumili ng tube na simota. ano nga pala yun, sasabihin ko lang kung anong model ng sasakyan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Installing Custom Air Intake For 4afe Engine