Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Do note it's a 4 page article.

mineral oil vs Synthetic oil is talked about

The "Idling Rule" with Turbo-Charged Cars | Team-BHP

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    i agree, no need for excessive idling. i'm in the same opinion also that you should idle your car yourself and no need of a turbo timer.
    Last edited by monty_GTV; October 19th, 2017 at 04:14 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    i agree, no need for excessive idling. i'm in the same opinion also that you should idle your car yourself and no need a turbo timer.
    whats your take on mineral oil and oil "coking"?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    whats your take on mineral oil and oil "coking"?

i think if you follow the recommended oil change interval (for mineral/f. synthetic) then you are in the safe side.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Stick to synthetic if your car is turbocharged.

Also, avoid changing oil brands and types. Stick to one formulation.

IIRC, i only changed brands once, from motul to redline. And i plan to use redline na from now on.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post

IIRC, i only changed brands once, from motul to redline. And i plan to use redline na from now on.
    good switch bro. the french oil umm.. i can't bash publicly 😅

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    good switch bro. the french oil umm.. i can't bash publicly 😅

hahaha ikaw din pala?

No hating on the french brand pero iba kasi ang redline eh. Could be placebo effect pero i swear by it. Less vibration and mas willing humataw.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006

I use the same synthetic oil for my Fiesta Ecoboost and Forester XT.

With regards to idling, during cold start-ups, I make sure the engine reaches nominal temperature before rolling out. Ford and Subaru uses different indicators to tell you so but Subaru has a boost pressure gauge which Ford does not offer on either Fiesta or Focus.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I use the same synthetic oil for my Fiesta Ecoboost and Forester XT.

With regards to idling, during cold start-ups, I make sure the engine reaches nominal temperature before rolling out. Ford and Subaru uses different indicators to tell you so but Subaru has a boost pressure gauge which Ford does not offer on either Fiesta or Focus.
    I assume you have your XT serviced somewhere along E.Rod sa tapat ng stonehouse specifically. hahaha

Anyway, yes. I've tried driving my car hard with the blue indicator still on, may whirring sound akong narinig. So hindi siya adviseable. #neveragain

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I assume you have your XT serviced somewhere along E.Rod sa tapat ng stonehouse specifically. hahaha

Anyway, yes. I've tried driving my car hard with the blue indicator still on, may whirring sound akong narinig. So hindi siya adviseable. #neveragain
    Nope, I bring it to Subaru BGC but I bring my own motor oil. QC is too far away for us south metro folks. Hehehehe

I use Motorcraft 5w30 fully synthetic as I can get it at a good price. It meets both the oil requirement of the Fox Ecoboost and FA20 engines. Surprisingly, the Fox Ecoboost (1.0L) uses the same volume of oil (5L) as the FA20.

Nope, I haven't tried driving hard my FXT with the blue indicator on. I did encounter a whirring sound when i pressed down hard on the accelerator a few minutes after the blue light turned off (as I was getting on to Sucat after I exited the subdivision).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast