New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Nope, I bring it to Subaru BGC but I bring my own motor oil. QC is too far away for us south metro folks. Hehehehe

I use Motorcraft 5w30 fully synthetic as I can get it at a good price. It meets both the oil requirement of the Fox Ecoboost and FA20 engines. Surprisingly, the Fox Ecoboost (1.0L) uses the same volume of oil (5L) as the FA20.

Nope, I haven't tried driving hard my FXT with the blue indicator on. I did encounter a whirring sound when i pressed down hard on the accelerator a few minutes after the blue light turned off (as I was getting on to Sucat after I exited the subdivision).
    Interesting! same amount of oil.

Yes, wag na natin gawin yun next time. hahaha

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Interesting! same amount of oil.

Yes, wag na natin gawin yun next time. hahaha
    Not exactly the same. The Fox Ecoboost requires 4 and a half liters of oil while the FA20 is almost 5L but half a liter is a small difference. Ford designed the Fox Ecoboost engine to have a big oil sump. That's a lot of oil for a small 1.0L engine.

No whirring sound on the Fox Ecoboost engine on cold starts but there is a lot of turbo lag when the engine is not yet properly warmed up.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Stick to synthetic if your car is turbocharged.

Also, avoid changing oil brands and types. Stick to one formulation.

IIRC, i only changed brands once, from motul to redline. And i plan to use redline na from now on.
    OT: i started with casa oil for the 1st and 2nd PMS, then switched to RP Oil and used for a bit long, then i tried Delo for a while, switched to Motul CRDI, and now settled with Zix Performance supplied oil so far so good, no issues related to oil used. btw, where to find Redline? Autotech ba? masubukan nga din...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Redline 5w30 is SN/SM/SL/SJ/SH/SG/CF and ACEA A3/B3/B4, GM dexos1® (GM-LL-A-025, GM6094M and GM4718M), BMW LL-01. It also meets Ford WSS-M2C946-A. Di yata pwede sa eve which requires ACEA A5/B5.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    a few minutes after the blue light turned off.

When the blue light indicator turns off, it usually means the engine (coolant) temperature has normalized but the engine oil is still not up to optimal temperature ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12