New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    If we compare the durability of the old school diesel injectors with the CRDI
    injectors like the D4D, DID, do we find them similar?

My old 1992 L200 is still running strong this 17 years with only one time replacement of nozzles after 10 years.

I just wonder how long these modern CRDI injectors last.

It would be good to hear from those who got the first vehicles with crdi when these arrived in our Philippine shores.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Tatagal din but shorter than those mechanical type.
    Sa CRDi fuel system, critical ang injectors they have a big and demanding responsiblity.
    Above normal temperature and compression may expand the tips of the injector from what i see dito sa shop.

-----------------------------------------
    Central Diesel 4113711 to 13
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; February 24th, 2009 at 09:58 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    TUBIG and fuel impurities are the main kalaban ng CRDI system. Really makes you think of our fuel quality where lack of legislative standards make it of low quality compare to international and even neighboring countries.

And because of the high pressure system, it may not last as long as the mechanical types.
    Last edited by Gerbo; February 24th, 2009 at 10:14 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    All has been well said by both gentlemen above

Just to add as per experience. Our family has 2 units of a modern crdi engine. They are of the same age (2 and 1/2 years). Each unit gets its fuel from different gas stations. The first unit has very corroded injectors and have been replaced by the dealer. The other one still fairs better to this day.

Water is indeed an injector's worst enemy.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    All has been well said by both gentlemen above

Just to add as per experience. Our family has 2 units of a modern crdi engine. They are of the same age (2 and 1/2 years). Each unit gets its fuel from different gas stations. The first unit has very corroded injectors and have been replaced by the dealer. The other one still fairs better to this day.

Water is indeed an injector's worst enemy.
    thats not very reassuring. Konti na lang pala di na covered ng warranty injectors mo sir. May we know anong unit ung maaga nag corrode injectors?

and to think may water separator ang fuel filters di ba? Ibig sabihin hindi siya ganuon ka effective?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ask kung saan gas station ang may corroded injectors.
    Oem will only honor factory defect and not failure due to corrosion.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Di yata sa unit... more likely sa fuel station mismo.

Take this as an example... maraming horror stories from certain areas regarding Toyota fuel pump failures... but I personally know four or five D4D owners at or around 100,000 kilometers with no problems.

I've never had problems with test units... ever... but I filled up once at a provincial station that I'd never used before and got one test unit into limp mode, from water contamination.

It's all about your local stations. Nakakainis lang, nobody is enforcing fuel quality standards here. Heck, even the gasoline in some brand-name stations is suspect!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    so even if water contamination from the fuel per se is the culprit, does that mean the water separator function of the fuel filter is not up to the job?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619 View Post
    thats not very reassuring. Konti na lang pala di na covered ng warranty injectors mo sir. May we know anong unit ung maaga nag corrode injectors?

and to think may water separator ang fuel filters di ba? Ibig sabihin hindi siya ganuon ka effective?
    Unit is a 2006 Innova. Water separator's effectiveness in this case? I really don't know. Here's some good reference about diesel fuel filters:

http://www.filtercouncil.org/techdat...dieselfuel.htm

The last part is especially interesting. It's about alcohol based additives.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Too much water = clogged water separator = clogged filter = fuel pump burnout / possible fuel injector starvation = big repair bills, either way.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
How long does a crdi injectors last?