New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Lessen your rolling resistance by maintaining optimum tyre inflation and do not go beyond 2000 rpm. Good luck! I wish I had your fuel consumption.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Have your wheels checked din for alignment.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Maghanap ka ng mga kapitbahay or ka opismate mo na pwede i-occupy ung empty seats sa car mo. Shempre magbabayad sila ng fare, ung fare na ibabayad sayo ipandagdag mo sa pambili mo ng gas, you will get more milage, wag lang mauwi sa relationship with your new found passengers kasi lalo tataas ang expenses mo

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kentrials View Post
    my gas consumption now is 8.5 to 9 km per liter city driving kapag long drive i reach about 14 to 15 km per liter..
    Move to the province para 14 to 15km/L lagi FC mo? :D

Kidding aside, 8.5 to 9km/L for city driving is already good for the 2E. Best you can do is to keep your air fiter clean, carb tuning, spark plugs and engine timing in check. Use the A/C less, inflate your tires to around 33-35psi (cold), and plan your trips (leave early, go home late, etc.).

Other options:
    - commute
    - car pool
    - LPG

BTW, hampasin nyo ng martilyo yung nag sabi na ipalinis ang MAF sensor ng 2E.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    work early, go home late - para di ka sumasabay sa traffic at pag maaga ka di mo naman kailangang mag aircon kasi malamig pa naman
    - find different route.. mahaba pero less traffic, kaysa malapit ka lang pero 1hr ka sa traffic

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

try mo muna basic tune-up, change all the filters clean maf sensors.
    yah maybe I should start with this..

after reading all your replies I already feel lucky with my gas consumption 9km per liter.. city drive..
    If RETZ is right and it improves my gas consumption, I let you know
    Im bringing my car to the shop tomorow

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    You should already be happy, mine is only 5.5 km/liter. Pero it is acceptable to me.

Try driving with a lighter right foot and maintain rev below 2000rpm. Monitor if this improves your mileage.
    BTW ano727 anu sasakyan mo? ang baba nman ng gas ratio 5.5km per liter?..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Maghanap ka ng mga kapitbahay or ka opismate mo na pwede i-occupy ung empty seats sa car mo. Shempre magbabayad sila ng fare, ung fare na ibabayad sayo ipandagdag mo sa pambili mo ng gas, you will get more milage, wag lang mauwi sa relationship with your new found passengers kasi lalo tataas ang expenses mo
    nice one

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Once you've done the tune-up, spark plugs and etcetera, there's a little more you can do.

1. Rolling Resistance: Assuming your tires are in decent condition (and if they're not, consider replacing them... you shouldn't keep tires for more than five or six years, even if they're not bald), inflate them beyond the door sticker pressure. For typical car tires, you will see massive reductions in rolling resistanceat up to 40 psi, after which, improvements drop off. 35 is a good midpoint. I've seen some service drivers use 45 psi in their car tires (truck tires are at around 50-60 psi standard). Only issue from doing this is it will hurt hijjus if you drive over rough roads all the time.

2. Start-up: Don't idle your car in the morning.

Repeat: DON'T IDLE YOUR CAR. Once you've checked your water and oil level, start the car, buckle in and adjust your mirrors and seat. The time you take to buckle in and get comfortable is all the time it takes for the oil to start circulating. Drive off as soon as possible.A cold car and carb use craploads of gas, so you might as well get a few kilometers out of them while the car is warming up.

3. Pulse and glide: You don't need to use gas every single second the car is moving. If you're coming up on a stoplight and intersection, just use enough gas to get going, then coast down to your target speed. In steady moving traffic, this is difficult, and it will get people mad at you, but traffic is not steady moving. Do it properly and nobody will notice you're doing it.

4. Brake less: Drive as if your brakes are dead. In other words, leave space enough so that if the guy in front of you brakes to a stop, you don't have to brake right away. Less stress pa. You won't be cursing and slamming on your brakes. This saves gas because you need gas to build up speed. If you use the brakes, you're scrubbing off all that speed you gained, and have wasted your gasoline investment.

5. Anticipate. Plan: If you pass lights with timers or are familiar with the traffic lights in your area, anticipate when they'll turn red or green. If you can coast down to a light without using the brakes, getting there just as it turns green, good. If you can avoid a red light by speeding up a bit, do so. Wasting some gas for a little more speed is better than idling at the stoplight for the next two minutes. Also, you know that jeepneys stop. All the time. Don't follow them too closely. Plan your overtakes ahead of time so you'll use as little gas as possible overtaking. Remember, also, that too slow is also a waste of gas. Dawdling along at 20 km/h leads to terrible economy. You should get best economy at around 40 km/h in the city and around 70 km/h on the highway.

Good luck!

-

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    wag bomba ng bomba..wag tumapak mabuti sa arangkada makaka rating kadin naman..
    kapag napanasin mo ng malapit kana sa stop ligths at nakita mo ng red bitawan mo na gas pedal mo..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast