New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by khenma0928 View Post
    Sorry baligtad pala ung picture.. Eto na...
    ito best answer

read the users manual...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Watta kind of advice

Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Regular PMS and remove clutter (which have weight), also drive earlier, while we are still sleeping so you will not waste fuel in traffic.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by khenma0928 View Post
    Start>remove dust from exterior while waiting for the RPM to go down> drive.
    wouldn't that be wasting fuel, sir? your car could have moved some meters while waiting for the rpm to go down.
    even your manual says you should commence driving as soon as possible.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    1. Daily or weekly check (your choice) ng brake fluid, oil and coolant.

2. Start engine. masama yung redondo agad pagkastart (ugali ng erpats ko na di ko na kaylanman mababago). check if warning lamps go off. kung hindi e di recheck vehicle.

3. while idling, walk around ng sasakyan to check tires and their pressures. may kasama na ring silip sa ilalim kung may weeping or dripping leaks ng brake fluid pati na rin yung oils ng engine, trans, at diff.

then eto na: walking > jogging > sprint

pero usually #2 lang ang ginagawa ko. once a week lang yung #1 & #2.

well maintained naman ang kabayo ko.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    You are not doing the environment any good by idling too long. 20 seconds would be enough to bring the oil up to circulate. Drive slowly till temp guage moves up a notch then drive normally. Idling the engine for a few minutes to warm up is soooo '70s. Checking for leaks while warming up? Check your garage floor instead. It should not have any oil/fluid stains aside from water condensation from the aircon. Checking your tires while warming the engine? You can do that anytime the car is parked & check the pressure if in doubt.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    You are not doing the environment any good by idling too long. 20 seconds would be enough to bring the oil up to circulate. Drive slowly till temp guage moves up a notch then drive normally. Idling the engine for a few minutes to warm up is soooo '70s. Checking for leaks while warming up? Check your garage floor instead. It should not have any oil/fluid stains aside from water condensation from the aircon. Checking your tires while warming the engine? You can do that anytime the car is parked & check the pressure if in doubt.
    kung ako ang pinapatamaan mo brader e basahin mong maigi yung post ko pag may time. ang sabi ko item #2 kadalasan ang ginagawa ko.

tsaka isa pa 70s or 80s tech pa kasi yung sasakyan ko. pero i still minimize idling time. start-up at pagbukas ng gate. yung pag-antay lang naman ke misis ang nagpapahaba ng idling time ko (sinisi pa ang asawa).

wala pa ni kalahating minuto para icheck kung may leak ang preno. anong ka-OA-han naman iyon? e kung sa may daan ka nawalan ng preno? ang flooring ay hindi magandang basehan dahil sa previous leaks or works na ginawa.

if i may, regarding sa tire pressures, iba lang yung pagkakasulat ko (ngayon ko lang narealize). i do that once a week while the vehicle is parked. yung walk around ko lang is to check kung may sidewall cuts na diko namalayan from the previous drive.

peace out brad. relax ka lang.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Merely saying that long idling to warm up the engine is a useless habit that majority of pinoys do. I really don't know why it had to come up again. We all know that the engine will warm up eventually & be more fuel efficient when driven slowly in the first few minutes. You did mention that you do part of your routine, no matter how infrequent it may be. If you don't do it, then you would not have mentioned it. Merely mentioned also that leaks are first detected on the garage floor. Peace amigo.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Since then every cold start I let the car run until the temperature needle reach its normal operating temperature.Pero one time I borrowed my cousins Nissan urvan(td27)when we are about to leave na I started the van then I wait for the temp needle to reach its operating temp but sad to say I wasted 30mins of my life waiting for that needle to reach its final place.wala nakakaasar walang permanenteng operating temp ang urvan :-D pag na traffic tataas ng konti hanggang half pag umaandar nasa cool lang. Haha

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2657012
    Since then every cold start I let the car run until the temperature needle reach its normal operating temperature.Pero one time I borrowed my cousins Nissan urvan(td27)when we are about to leave na I started the van then I wait for the temp needle to reach its operating temp but sad to say I wasted 30mins of my life waiting for that needle to reach its final place.wala nakakaasar walang permanenteng operating temp ang urvan :-D pag na traffic tataas ng konti hanggang half pag umaandar nasa cool lang. Haha
    ...whypo..?
    why not just drive out once the engine starts running? i've been doing this for decades.. no manifestation of... whatever it is.
    i am curious... what are we trying to avoid...? what can possibly happen if one drives out even if the engine isn't warm enough yet, or when the rpm hasn't settled down yet??
    engine wear? i'd rather have engine wear because i went somewhere, than have engine wear while going nowhere, waiting for the engine to warm up.
    my thoughts only.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 5th, 2015 at 02:04 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Regular PMS and remove clutter (which have weight), also drive earlier, while we are still sleeping so you will not waste fuel in traffic.
    Drive while sleeping??? kaya pala dumadami ang SUA.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast