New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mga bossing, How would i know if my turbo is ok (working), How i would check it? My rig is pajero '91 Pls advise. THANKS! ~Natz

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spetsnatz View Post
    Mga bossing, How would i know if my turbo is ok (working), How i would check it? My rig is pajero '91 Pls advise. THANKS! ~Natz
    do you have a boost gauge? if your loosing psi you have a leak or damage fins. if you see oil leak in the turbo area, oil maybe going inside the turbo and getting burn. other than that only way to make sure your turbo is ok just take it off and visualize it.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Turbo's will usually smoke when they about to go out... but not all the time.
    When you drive you should be able to hear the whistle when the boost kicks in. If you're very careful, you can pull the boot off, and peak in at the turbine.You should also feel a surge in acceleration after the first 1000 RPM at hard acceleration.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
    do you have a boost gauge? if your loosing psi you have a leak or damage fins. if you see oil leak in the turbo area, oil maybe going inside the turbo and getting burn. other than that only way to make sure your turbo is ok just take it off and visualize it.
    I dont have that boost gauge. where i can see that gauge po ba? anyway, mabilis lang po ba baklasin ang turbo assy? thanks for the reply. ~natz

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I dont have that boost gauge. where i can see that gauge po ba? anyway, mabilis lang po ba baklasin ang turbo assy? thanks for the reply. ~natz
    hmmm i dont know if mitsubishi pajero has a in dash boost gauge. you can buy a after market gauge but you'll need to know whats the stock boost of your turbo, ex: a stock turbo on your car is 9psi and the gauge says you're only making 0 or 4psi surely you have a problem. then again if your force induction you should have one gauge so you know what is working or not. for you to try DIY may not be a good idea unless you have a friend who had eperience with turbos.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if the acceleration hasn't changed over time it should still be working. don't remove the turbine na. sayang lang pagod mo.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    boost gauge costs more or less 1k. you can hook it via boost compensator with a "T" extension hose. measure it while running full load on steep uphills not while parking...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir dont try to open a turbo without the special tools and training. Mahal po ang bagong turbo!
    Your turbo can be repaired kung oil leaks at alog lang. Kung walang major damage to the wheel and shaft and no cracks on the housing then it can be serviced.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    usually check for leaks ... kung nagbabawas ang oil usually dun galing

look at hoses ... try mo patakbuhin ng 100 ... kung may nginig before or at 100 sira na yung turbo mo ... try buying surplus 10k to 13k

if you have money to burn ... try installing a turbo timer to moniter your turbo

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy

How to check my Turbo