New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Ah baka pag sa casa binili. Never ako bumili ng oil filter sa casa. Tsake lokng casa yun ah. Nun da kanila pa ako nag papa PMS, laging may charge sa Drain Plug.
    Kahit ako din. Pag nagpapa pms may kasamang drain plug at washer sa cost. (Which i doubt na pinapalitan)

Kaya nung sa labas na ako nagpms, nagulat ako nung bumili ako materials sa casa at sinama nila yung washer sa oil filter.

Btw, sa mitsu qave tong sinasabi ko. Di ko lang talaga sure kung lahat ng casa is sinasama ang washer pag individual items lang ang binili.

But still, TS might want to explore that option.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Lahat ng PMS ko sa Ertiga ko laging may nakalistang drain plug washer sa 3 different casa, 26 pesos. Ngayong natapos na ang warranty, bumili ako sa casa ng OEM oil filters para ipagawa ko sa labas, nagtaka ako di na raw kailangan yung washer. Malamang di nga nila ito pinapalitan.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Lahat ng PMS ko sa Ertiga ko laging may nakalistang drain plug washer sa 3 different casa, 26 pesos. Ngayong natapos na ang warranty, bumili ako sa casa ng OEM oil filters para ipagawa ko sa labas, nagtaka ako di na raw kailangan yung washer. Malamang di nga nila ito pinapalitan.

that is what most uncaring mechanics say because they just want to earn money. The crush gasket is there for a purpose. to protect the bolt from becoming round headed and to prevent the threaded part of the drain pan to become loose thread.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I mean binili ko ito sa parts manager, and I specified this part, and said no need na daw. Instead he's convincing me to have my PMS to them with a discount.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Crush gaskets are meant to be replaced every change oil except those nitrile rubber types which can be re-used.

Re-using could cause scoring/pitting of the plug surface and later cause leaks.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Crush gaskets are meant to be replaced every change oil except those nitrile rubber types which can be re-used.

when we were young and poor-ish, we used to re-use these gaskets. ok naman. walang tulo. binibili yan noon.
    ... lucky?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    They are cheap

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    our re-used ones came free.
    heh heh.

peace, brother.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    that is what most uncaring mechanics say because they just want to earn money. The crush gasket is there for a purpose. to protect the bolt from becoming round headed and to prevent the threaded part of the drain pan to become loose thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post

If that's the case we can always use the teflon tape.

But I remember my old 97 FX diesel has never use gasket or teflon tape on every change oil routine in my favorite gasoline service station, and never has an issue of leak or rounded drain plug until I sold it 1n 2015.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    If that's the case we can always use the teflon tape.

But I remember my old 97 FX diesel has never use gasket or teflon tape on every change oil routine in my favorite gasoline service station, and never has an issue of leak or rounded drain plug until I sold it 1n 2015.
    Dont use teflon.. if crush washers are not available, copper washers can also be used as alternative.. relatively easy to find and cheap too

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123