New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    can you give an example of the car with immobilizer. di ko kase alam kung ano mga cars ngayon meron. then i check ko if naka kabit nakami sa that kind of car.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    maki-singit na rin. hehe..
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    can you give an example of the car with immobilizer. di ko kase alam kung ano mga cars ngayon meron. then i check ko if naka kabit nakami sa that kind of car.
    like the ford focus tdci.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir arb, its for the current pajero, the reason I ask is I believe that if you remove the key it disables the ECU, Ive tried using a replacement key it still cranks, but wont start which led me to the idea that the ECU is disabled by the immobilizer. I really need a TT, but I'm worried if it will work without the key.
    Last edited by promdiboy; December 30th, 2007 at 12:28 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    yesterday we had a client who bought a turbo timer for his trooper. I asked why only now since his trooper is old already. he said he just replaced the turbo because it broke due to not having to idle it down when it was still new.

Sir what brands are your TT? Is the engine stop timer programmable?
    Can you post your contact numbers?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I think is more on habit forming lang and no need for any electronic gadgets pa. My friend's Strada sa indonesia may TT din pero nasira pa rin ang turbo. Just develop a habit gaya ng gingawa natin pag morning start up ng car natin, we normally let it run on idle for few minutes to make sure proper oil circulation sa components and to warm it up before we drive. So before we switch off the engine after a long drive, just let it idle din for 2-3 mins and switch off. Iba kasi sa atin pag start ng car, harurot kaagad

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I agree with jeanpierre.
    Basta water cooled ang turbo at may sufficient coolant at alalay na rpm until you reach your destination safe na yon.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    promdi confirm ko sa new paj if I remember it correctly kung nalagyan ang isang customer namin last time.
    sa focus na diesel, wala pa kaming na try na kabitan. parang iisa parang focus diesel dito sa amin.

sir sa province kami, we have TT's na OEM placement for the new generation pick-ups from thailand and may universal fit din.

most turbos now are water cooled naman, as I said its not the turbo ang pinapalamig ang spinning turbine inside and important na it stops spinning muna before ma cut off ang supply ng oil sa bearings ya.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wiper View Post
    Good am. I would like to ask if it is necessary to cool down the crdi diesel engine of innova diesel, hyundai tucson and the likes. I asked from hyundai regarding my concerned , they say its not necessary because of the intercooler but he speaks only for the hyundai but not sure of other brand. But with vgt crdi engine of carens and crdi of innova, may I ask if we should cool down the engine, if yes for how long.

Bro.,- I don't think that the Innova has a CRDI diesel engine...

5000:boom:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Explain ko lang. As long as there is exhaust gas pressure from the manifold the shaft never stops even at idle speed. Both water and oil lines are concentrated on the shaft area where the bearing is. After shutdown there is residual oil pressure from the pump to lubricate the shaft until it stops spinning. Oil quality and interval of oil changes will determine the life of your turbo.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- I don't think that the Innova has a CRDI diesel engine...

5000:boom:
    pls correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the d4d is toyota's version of the crdi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
help re cool down of crdi diesel engine