New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    yup the D4D is toyota's CDRDI

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Planning to buy a new Tucson CRDI. Kailangan pa ba warm-up and cool-down? How many minutes?

Sabi ng sales nila hindi na daw kailangan kasi bagong technology na. Not sure if true.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last week nasa parking lot ako. May dumating na innova. Pagka hinto sa parking slot nag revolution ng makina ang driver tas shut off ang engine. Sa palagay nyo mga katsikot gaano katagal aabutan b4 magka problema ang turbo charger nya?

Sent from my NX549J using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    No need to warm it up. At first start in the morning, a few seconds is all it needs. After starting, count 1-10, smile to yourself on the rearview mirror, fasten your seatbelt, and go. Drive "sensibly" during the first couple of kilometers to help the engine attain normal operating temperature.

Depending on your driving habits, you can shut the engine off immediately if you're driving like a grandma all day. But if you drove it like you stole it, a few minutes of idling to cool the turbo is necessary, say 2-5 minutes.

I would always open the engine hood when I arrive home, if just to vent out residual heat after shutting down the engine.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Last week nasa parking lot ako. May dumating na innova. Pagka hinto sa parking slot nag revolution ng makina ang driver tas shut off ang engine. Sa palagay nyo mga katsikot gaano katagal aabutan b4 magka problema ang turbo charger nya?

hindi po siguro magttgal kung pauulit ulitin ni kuya ung ganung habit

6. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    No need to warm it up. At first start in the morning, a few seconds is all it needs. After starting, count 1-10, smile to yourself on the rearview mirror, fasten your seatbelt, and go. Drive "sensibly" during the first couple of kilometers to help the engine attain normal operating temperature.

Depending on your driving habits, you can shut the engine off immediately if you're driving like a grandma all day. But if you drove it like you stole it, a few minutes of idling to cool the turbo is necessary, say 2-5 minutes.

I would always open the engine hood when I arrive home, if just to vent out residual heat after shutting down the engine.
    okay na pala ung 2-5 minutes, thank you sa tip.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Given Manila traffic mahirap magharurot. Hahaha.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post

Watercooled na mga bagong turbo. Hindi na tulad dati na oil cooled na kailangan pa ng cooldown before shutdown.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    So hindi na talaga kailangan ng cooldown ngayon?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
help re cool down of crdi diesel engine