New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Are there just some cars that are too easy to get into? When we were at Honda Alabang picking up my cousin's CRV, on the post-service inspection (kicking tires, checking for scuffs, checking the fluid levels) I noticed a cat sitting on the transmission, hidden behind the engine. Good thing we looked before starting the car (kung naipit siya sa belts? ugh)...

While I have cats sleeping on top of my car all the time, I haven't yet had a car sleeping in my engine bay....

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

niky: Yung Gen2 CRV may butas sa may wheelwell, cats,rats,etc can get in easy since medyo malaki yung butas.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    had that same problem before mahina ang racumin we used an industrial rat poison to kill the damn vermints kasi parang wala sa kanila yung dora rat killer eh at yung sticky pad hindi din effective.

the cause for the rat infestation is that we used to feed our dogs at night iniiwan namin ang dog food turns out the rats are the ones eating them.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    had to change my sparkplug cables a few months ago due to rats.

i crushed siliing labuyo, mixed with hot water, strain and pour liquid into atomizer. spray liberaly under the car to deter them from going up and into the engine bay. never had rat problems since.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm wonder why, coz rats have been known to infest chili warehouses in India as well... O mas sanay sila sa anghang dun hehe.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Woh, never heard of rat problems at the engine bay until now. Scary problem. Dami nga puwedeng magloko sa sasakyan with potentially chewed insulation/wirings. Maybe the good presence of stray cats in our neighborhood is helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical!
    My problem are stray cats.
    Yun rin lang problema sa mga pusa sa amin. Sa ibabaw naman ng engine hood tumatambay. Nag-enjoy sa tirang init ng makina.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are those high-frequency rat repellant electronic devices effective? We used to have one (given as a gift) but I never used it... mas enjoy gumamit ng fly paper at airgun

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    *zman,

thats cool. nagpabili na ako ng siling labuyo sa maid namin.

*topgun,

where did you buy those industrial rat killers?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Sakin mataas ang success rate ko with those sticky boards + bait... one time I caught one (nakita ko pumasok sa house while I was opening the front door) so I left a board with a piece of leftover beef bait and placed it near the edge ng wall... The very next day andun na nakahiga sa malagkit na glue yung daga, buhay pa syempre, pero whole body stuck to the board.

Syempre umandar nanaman pagkamorbid ko, kumuha ako ng muriatic, pinatakan ko dahan-dahan yung mata... eventually namatay.

Iniwan ko yung board sa labas near the trash dump, 4 hrs later, isang mas malaking daga nadikit din dun hehe... so 2 rats with one board...
    talagang tinorture mo na walang patawad ung daga ah? muriatic acid?
    instant bungo ung mukha ng daga. they can step in,but they can't get out.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    boeing: butas ba sa wheelwell tinutukoy mo? ganyan talaga design ng CRV, di ko alam kung may accessory silang binebenta na pantakip dun.
    Bro,iyon butas na sinira lang daga.di naman cguro maganda isara ang butas sa wheelwell baka for ventilation purposes din iyon

ayos iyon sili method,,sarap sana makita nausok ang tenga ng daga..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Help on how to prevent Rats from entering the engine bay