New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ah... late mo na kasi nasabi na nabaklas mo na pala yung engine mo...

ganito yan sir, tuturuan kita... heed my advice para maging matiwasay at hindi pumuti ang buhok mo sa pag ayos ng avanza mo.

right now, im sure naguguluhan ka at nalilito ka, kung baga wala pang battle plan.

1. every machine shop will quote different and will do the job different. meh mas mura meh mas mahal/ meh magaling meh sakto lang at meh palpak.
    2. THE MOST IMPORTANT (ipagawa mo, ipasok mo sa repair shop na maayos/ nakaka-alam/ at matino gumawa)
    --this is the most important, dahil dito madaming nangyayari na di maayos at pinagmumulan problema!
    3. quoted price of work will never determine quality of work.
    --bring it to a machine shop na matagal na.
    --bring it to a machine shop na ang trabaho ay engine works lang at hindi gumagawa nang kung ano-ano pa (para di madaliin/para kabisado/at maayos pa gamit sa shop)
    4. kapag nakahanap ka na nang repair shop at machine shop saka mo na ipasok sa napili mo.
    5. ang price nang parts mas maganda kung ikaw mag source, para makakamura ka.
    6. madalas, ganito yan, 2 mabibili mo na mga piyesa (replacement at original)
    --mas maganda kung original(OEM) para mas perfect ang pagkagawa, all tolerance and materials will go back like brand new
    --replacement is always behind quality. although there are good ones, pero it will still be below OEM quality pero advantage ay mas mura. choice mo yan.
    7. pag nagawa na at naibalik at nagka problema ka, mas lalaki at dodoble gastos mo sigurado. at mas triple ang stress mo.

kung ako tatanungin mo, i know a shop na pwede mo pagdalan.
    sa machine shop i also know a machine shop na pwede mo pag dalan,

both i can personally vouch and most fellow tsikot member and fordclub member ay doon ko ni-rerefer.
    doon din ako nagpa overhaul ng everest/ pajero/ etc....

PM mo na lang ako para send ko details sayo.
    if you want sasamahan kita sa shop , dalin mo engine para maka kuha ka opinion at mas maintidihan mo decide for yourself and maka mas maayos mo vehicle mo.
    Last edited by miko101130; September 4th, 2015 at 10:29 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yellahfellah View Post
    Sir SkyFlakes88, thank you po for your suggestion! Does he have his own shop? Although it would be cheaper to have things done here at home, I would prefer that the overhauling be done at the mechanic's shop.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sir SkyFlakes88, thank you po for your suggestion! Does he have his own shop? Although it would be cheaper to have things done here at home, I would prefer that the overhauling be done at the mechanic's shop.
    Wala sir formal shop.he lives near our place in cavite. Been our mechanic since i can remember. He is usually in metro mla. During weekdays and in cavite on weekends. He has already lots of clients in mla. Ayaw na kasi bumalik sa saudi saka mamasukan kaya ganun na lang ginawa nya. I have seen him work on a porsche,benz,rovers and other euro cars here also. Everything is under the sun. You buy the parts if you like and he'll just replace it on your car or give him the money and he'll buy it for you with receipts of course. I never had any problems with his work on our cars. Sometimes there are back jobs but it's mostly because of fake parts. Other than that he usually gets the job done with no issues sir

He'll diagnose your car and give you his recommendations also the parts needed be replaced or not. In my experience with him sometimes i'm on a budget mode and he'll recommend this brand of parts and give me his opinion on the lifespan of the part. Then he lets me decide on how to proceed. Don't be shy to ask questions sir. He'll gladly answer and give you his opinion.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sir miko101130, thank you po for your words of wisdom... it is exactly what i need... Sige sir I will PM you... Thanks again!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sir SkyFlakes88, thank you po ulit for your recommendation. Although your mechanic seems like a good option, I hope you wont mind if I try other options first kasi I prefer to bring our car to a shop.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    He'll just bring your engine to his house or to cubao at our friends shop that calls him when they need his services near an LTO office at p. tuazon. This is where i see him working on some euro cars from time to time sir

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Welcome sir glad to be of help whichever suits your needs po.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    if the sub-50k is just for machine shop, hindi pa kasama yung labor ng talyer and other parts, i would consider getting a surplus engine from japan.

might end up cheaper. canvass in banawe or evangelista. try to get the same engine para bolt on na lang.

if you choose to overhaul, i think sunday machine shop is good. personally parang harang presyo ng machine shop sayo.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    if the sub-50k is just for machine shop, hindi pa kasama yung labor ng talyer and other parts, i would consider getting a surplus engine from japan.

might end up cheaper. canvass in banawe or evangelista. try to get the same engine para bolt on na lang.
    Exactly my thoughts po, Sir sirkosero. Yung P46k is just for the machine shop.

if you choose to overhaul, i think sunday machine shop is good. personally parang harang presyo ng machine shop sayo.
    Saan po ang location nito sir?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Exactly my thoughts po, Sir sirkosero. Yung P46k is just for the machine shop.

Saan po ang location nito sir?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Agree that if total cost is higher than fitting a surplus engine, dun ka nalang. With that job order, marami rami ang gagawin, at mukhang mahaba haba ang oras na kelangan.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sa edsa yun dati. malapit sa tramo. meron din sa slex malapit sa quirino

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Help in Engine Overhaul (2007 Toyota Avanza G 1.5)