New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    2004 Honda Civic vti s manual
    1mo ago nasira alternator ko, tinangal ko battery terminals (+/-)
    This week kinabit bagong alternator, binalik battery terminals (Battery is charged)
    Pag start, mag crank pero di tumutuloy yung engine.
    2days na sa casa yung kotse, di nila makita problema.
    Na check na electricals
    - Battery ok, ECU ok, Sensors ok, Sparkplugs (new) ok, Injector ok, Fuel pump ok
    Na check na engine
    - Timing belt ok, Oil pressure ok, Pistons ok
    Throttle body cleaned, fuel drained replaced with new fuel, lines were cleaned including the injector.
    Original and duplicate key from casa used.
    Still no start. Ano po kaya problema?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    If your engine cranks & does not fire up, your electrical supply is no doubt ok & leaves you to question your fuel supply. Considering that your engine was not used for a month(?), your fuel lines might be clogged ( fuel filter element might have disintegrated or hardened sediment is clogging your filter). Try to clean your fuel lines & change your fuel filter first. I presume your engine timing, TPS, & other sensors are within normal limits?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ignition coils? HT wires? Some busted fuse or loose connections of vital sensors?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    sir/ mam fuel from gas tank was emptied, replaced with a new one. fuel line was cleaned including the injectors. honda technician told me that engine timing, TPS, & other sensors normal. HT wires were ok, I was not able to ask re: ignition coil. all my fuses are ok. sensors are ok. I have told them that my suspect is that the immobilizer was reset and it cannot recognize my original keys so no gas is being injected to the engine.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Aside from that, when they spray carb cleaner in the throttle body engine will start for a few seconds then it will die.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Still I suspect fuel-starvation. Did you change your fuel filter?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    had experience over non-use of car for a few months. the then-new formulation of alcohol-gasoline had turned to gel! had to replace the fuel line and the gas tank.
    have no idea as to the chemical reaction that did it.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 12th, 2014 at 01:52 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by clei_torres View Post
    2004 Honda Civic vti s manual
    1mo ago nasira alternator ko, tinangal ko battery terminals (+/-)
    This week kinabit bagong alternator, binalik battery terminals (Battery is charged)
    Pag start, mag crank pero di tumutuloy yung engine.
    2days na sa casa yung kotse, di nila makita problema.
    Na check na electricals
    - Battery ok, ECU ok, Sensors ok, Sparkplugs (new) ok, Injector ok, Fuel pump ok
    Na check na engine
    - Timing belt ok, Oil pressure ok, Pistons ok
    Throttle body cleaned, fuel drained replaced with new fuel, lines were cleaned including the injector.
    Original and duplicate key from casa used.
    Still no start. Ano po kaya problema?
    i don't believe this, how incompetent that casa is... casa = service manuals, if they can't make it to run then run away because they don't know what they are doing of just scamming you...

on your description all basic has been checked to fire up the engine, but the question is, did they really checked it, because if yes then that should start na.... unless your engine components is stuck up

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thank you for having time to read my problem. All the replies are appreciated. I'll check on monday if they have replaced my fuel filter

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    3rd day na sa casa. Wala paring matinong diagnosis kung bakit ayaw umandar ang makina

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast