New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    ang pagkakaintindi ko sa post ni ts e siguro yung mekanikong nakausap nya e ang line of thinking ay kung SAE 15W40 yung langis e pang diesel na. not knowing na may API ratings pa na kelangan malaman. kumbaga sa viscosity lang nagbase.

tapos considering honda yung sasakyan nya...di bat sabi nila e sensitibo ang mga honda sa fluids. ewan.
    Wag kana mag reply boss kung di ka rin makaka tulong sa katanungan ko.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ^naku sir relax ka lang... nasa forum po tayo. Di naman sobra OT ang sagot ni mike.

Bago ka lang pala sa tsikot... mahirap makahanap ng kaaway sa forum boss...

Welcome to tsikot pala =)

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by allan-kurt View Post
    Paps - okay lang ba na diesel engine oil ang nailagay sa petrol/gasoline engine ko nung nag pa tuneup ako? 15w40 ang oil ang nilagay sa 2.0L engine ko? thanks sa mga sasagot
    i am curious.
    was it accidental, or was it intentional?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Diesel engine oils have good detergent capabilities. In local lingo, mas maganda maglinis ng loob ng makina.

I alternate between gas and diesel engine oil in our Vios.

Okay naman.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my fear with diesel oil in gasoline engine is, can the oil adequately pass thru the small passageways, to lubricate the rest of the engine?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my fear with diesel oil in gasoline engine is, can the oil adequately pass thru the small passageways, to lubricate the rest of the engine?
    I think thats where the viscosity comes to play, doc.

Diesel oil but with a thinner viscosity should not be a problem getting through small oil passages.. i think

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Yup.

No problem on that.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You have to consider another vital job of an engine oil, which is to suspend combustion by-products using detergents. Gasoline and Doesel engines produces vastly different by-products. It then follows that the wrong oil can be deteimental to the engine if the detergents within the oil is incompatible with the by-products.

... modern oils are formulated for their intended applications. While both diesel and gasoline oils contain many of the same additives to guard against wear, corrosion, foaming and more, they also contain additives designed to manage the byproducts of combustion. Some of those byproducts change, depending on whether the engine runs on gasoline or diesel fuel. If your vehicle uses a gasoline engine, it’s best to use an oil that contains the correct additives to handle the byproducts of gasoline combustion. The same holds if you’re operating a diesel engine.
    Source: Can I Use Diesel Oil in My Gas Engine?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Comparing Gasoline and Diesel Engine Oils

quote from the said website.

"Typically, diesel engine oil will have a higher viscosity. If we were to put this higher viscosity in a gasoline engine, several problems might arise. The first is heat generation from internal fluid friction. I’ve covered before how this heat affects the life of an oil. A good rule of thumb is that for every 10 degrees C you increase the temperature, you cut the life in half. The second problem is the low-temperature pumpability of this higher viscosity. During cold starts, the oil may be very thick and difficult for the oil pump to deliver to the vital engine components in the lifter valley. This most certainly will lead to premature wear, as the components will be interacting without the benefit of lubrication."

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ^ then you have to check what is the viscosity labelled on the can.

I dont think a 5w30 gasoline oil is more or less viscous than a 5w30 diesel oil.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast