New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi po!

Planning to modify my exhaust system. By the way My ride's Honda City TypeZ 1.3. So far po ang napalitan ko pa lang is yung air intake, got the simota a few weeks back, haveplans to change the filter to knn but in the future pa naman... as of now po, i'd liketo change headers, downpipe and a free flow muff (for the muff, i don't know if you'll call it a free flow muff, has a 2" diamter, had the tip change nung wala pako totally background about cars) will the I/H/E mod help me gain more torque HP kahit konti? is it worth my money? kaya nagdadalawang isip din ako baka wala naman mangyari if i do the mod... may nagsabi kasi sakin na dont waste my money for the mod instead invest for an engine swap... i need your advice mga sir...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    very minimal nga yan bro.... dun din ako sa engine swap if you would really want ooomph...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk0616 View Post
    Hi po!

Planning to modify my exhaust system. By the way My ride's Honda City TypeZ 1.3. So far po ang napalitan ko pa lang is yung air intake, got the simota a few weeks back, haveplans to change the filter to knn but in the future pa naman... as of now po, i'd liketo change headers, downpipe and a free flow muff (for the muff, i don't know if you'll call it a free flow muff, has a 2" diamter, had the tip change nung wala pako totally background about cars) will the I/H/E mod help me gain more torque HP kahit konti? is it worth my money? kaya nagdadalawang isip din ako baka wala naman mangyari if i do the mod... may nagsabi kasi sakin na dont waste my money for the mod instead invest for an engine swap... i need your advice mga sir...
    Doing all the I/H/E mods to your 1.3L engine won't really do much beyond make more noise, and maybe increase your fuel consumption. There might be some minor power increase but it comes along with some major increase in fuel consumption.

You would be better off if you did the engine swap you are thinking. Even a D16 swap gives you more power stock than all the N/A mods you can afford on the 1.3L engine.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    ..tingin ko nga rin po eh.. pero i was thinking at first na baka mali yung iniisip ko... i guess i read too much magazine and akala ko applicable sa ahat ng engine.. hehehe... ../.. i'll scrap the plan na... guess yung pang upgrade ko is palitan ko na lang yung cone ng KNN for efficient filtering....

thank you ID4LV and ghosthunter! i really appreciate your opinion guys...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    don't waste your money

very minimal difference

just sell it then buy a 1.6

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sboogie View Post
    don't waste your money

very minimal difference

just sell it then buy a 1.6
    Actually i'm planning to keep the car for sentimental reasons...(ANU DAW?!) .. planning to swap the engine though gaya ng sabi nina ghosthunter at 1d4lv... canvassing pa mgkano engine swap and what engine (B16?).. any suggestions and idea how muhc it'd cost? para makapagipon na muna...

thanks dudes!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually i'm planning to keep the car for sentimental reasons...(ANU DAW?!) .. planning to swap the engine though gaya ng sabi nina ghosthunter at 1d4lv... canvassing pa mgkano engine swap and what engine (B16?).. any suggestions and idea how muhc it'd cost? para makapagipon na muna...
    B16 engine swap is expensive and will require proper preparation work to weld in a new engine support. If you just weld a new engine support without reinforcing the metal its attached, it will just tear out the part of the engine bay as what happened to some early 1st gen City w/ B16 swaps.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    B16 engine swap is expensive and will require proper preparation work to weld in a new engine support. If you just weld a new engine support without reinforcing the metal its attached, it will just tear out the part of the engine bay as what happened to some early 1st gen City w/ B16 swaps.
    Hmmm ... so would you suggest po a 1.6 engine car instead? or a different engine? ... thansk for your output guys, i really appreciate it...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm ... so would you suggest po a 1.6 engine car instead? or a different engine? ... thansk for your output guys, i really appreciate it...
    Depends on your goals. Do you just want to go fast or do you want to make an old City go fast?

You can definitely make a City with B16 work properly. Just make sure the work is done properly with the correct reinforcements done where needed. This is to avoid problems later that could have been avoided from the start.

The alternative is to get a Civic and dropping in the same B16 engine or a less powerful D16 engine. The advantage of having a Civic is all the available aftermarket parts you can find that was made for the Civic. (City doesn't have as wide a selection).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    actually i want to go fast but with the city sana kasi its my first car. Kinda like to keep the car. hehehe, dami na memorable moments yan... i tried to do some searching, found out that hongly sucat paranaque does the job well. pero willhave to save more in order to do the swap. target date is april or may 2010...haha. tagal pa ... and i have to agree, mahirap nga po maghanap ng after market parts para sa city compared to civic.. thak you ghosthunter for the knowledge... you're the man!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Headers/Exhaust upgrade on a 1.3 engine?