New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Is this oil really good of the engine? Is this the same as sem-synthetic of mobil or shell? Enlighten me because am planning to have a change oil for my altis.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's a very good synthetic oil rated by API as Energy Saving meaning you'll have better fuel mileage with it's use.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by hytan
    Is this oil really good of the engine? Is this the same as sem-synthetic of mobil or shell? Enlighten me because am planning to have a change oil for my altis.
    got one for my 94 civic ESi.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dont think the Havoline Energy is a full synth... I'm guessing that one reason why its energy saving is its because of its lower viscousity/weight (10W-30)... its not adviseable to use such in higher mileage or older engines for it may cause leaks though.

But nevertheless, its a good oil AFAIK.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, it's not advisable for use on older or higher mileage cars because it's a thin oil. it's not a fully synth, but it's synth already, unlike before when it used to be mineral.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    always follow the recommended oil in your car's manual...

if you want to save fuel or make your engine more fuel efficient(just like what baiskee did despite the mileage and age of his car...good for him it didn't leak) then you may try API rated Energy Conserving oils that usually have a viscosity of 5W-30 (i think there are other oils with similar visocisities but are not energy conserving)...Havoline Energy can be safely used by well maintained engines = < 5 years old.

Last edited by chieffy; September 28th, 2003 at 12:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by vinj
    its not adviseable to use such in higher mileage or older engines for it may cause leaks though.

when u say higher mileage or older engines? how high a mileage or how old an engine are we talking about here? im using it on my 95 corolla.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    if your gonna base it on engine design, the old engine uses the 15w-50 oil, although it can still be used on newer engines, these newer engines are actually designed and manufactured with more precise machines thus providing a thinner gap between metal to metal contacts that's why in other countries they recommend to use thinner oil like the 5w-30 of the energy. some new products actually even produce a 5w-20 rating oil. with the advancement like the vtec, mivec and vvti they would recommend you to use these thin grade oil to adequately lubricate their engine but as they also not recommend these to be used on high mileage cars running somewhere 80T km up cause it will just leak out or get burned.

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    mine is around 120k plus.. do u still recommend using this oil? or should i stick to mineral?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by spazzkid
    mine is around 120k plus.. do u still recommend using this oil? or should i stick to mineral?

spazz, medyo high mileage na to, baka tumagas. better stick to mineral.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Havoline Energy