New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_xtrm View Post
    Good Day to all,

I new in here..early this morning my pajero did'nt start. When i heated up my pajero unsually their is a "click" sound ..it did'nt start..no sound or what so ever in the engine so i tried it again and still same thing happend until on my 3rd try it starts.
    i heated up the engine for a while bout 5 mins then turn it off again to test if its going to start or not..and as a result my pajero starts in just one click on the ignition.
    So i droved it to the office then about 2 hours i check it again to test whether it is still working or not then it starts again...

i dont have any idea whats the couse why it did'nt start earlier this morning?
    My batteries a new and the clamps are tight, the alternators a ok 'coz i pulled one cable on it and it still running..is'nt it the starter which is causing this problem?
    Need your advice on this one..
    thanks in advance...

hi neil,
    there are two possible faces to your question. one, yoiu attempt to start but the engine fails to crank, or two, the engine cranks or turns over but fails to start. which one is which?
    first, if it cranks and fails to start, check the battery state of charge and the cranking capacity with a load tester or disable the fuel system and crank the engine and watch the starting system current( around 250 amperes), if the current is too high, possibilities are you are using too thick of an engine oil, or your strter bushings(bearings) are producing too much friction, or too much carbon buuld up in the compcustion chambers. or the starter has too much carbon dust in the commutator/brush area causing a light short circuit. this can cause a slow cranking speed which does not make the compressed air in the chambers hot enough to ignite the fuel charge.
    if it does not crank intermittently, check the starter solenoid for worn contacts, check the battery terminals for high resistance under load(to do this, place the positive terminal of a voltmeter to the + terminal of the battery and the (-) terminal of the voltmeter to the cable clamp. the voltage drop should not exceed 0.2 volts. do the reverse polarity on the negative terminal of the battery, the voltage drop should not be above 0.2 volts. if the voltage drop is excessive, clean and retighten the terminals. or check the ignition switch if it is sending the signal to the terminal 50(solenoid terminal coming from the ST terminal of the ignition switch. just remember, the starting system starts with the battery, to the ignition switch, to the solenoid to the starter and the ground. yeah, check the engine block ground, it should not have more than 0.2 volts drop between the battery negative terminal and the starter housing.
    good luck
    jick

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    thanks for the advice...this is of great help to me..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sorry to revive this thread. I'm hacing the same problems on my 98 Field Master. How was your issue resolved? Can you recommend the shop that fixed it? I'm not qualified to even do the test/isolation jick.cejoco outlined. Hopefully it's in Muntinlupa, Las Pinas area. Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    electrician ang hanapin mo. madali lang i isolate ang problema na yan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hard starting problem on my 2nd gen pajero