New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi. I just had my turbo checked. Casa wants to replace which will cost 110k. Pitstop can replace with half price but surplus. Goldstar says it is just an oil leak and will repair for 35k. Need advice on where else I can have it checked. Brought it to Central Diesel but they seem to not be interested saying it is hard to diagnose. Tia.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead2 View Post
    Hi. I just had my turbo checked. Casa wants to replace which will cost 110k. Pitstop can replace with half price but surplus. Goldstar says it is just an oil leak and will repair for 35k. Need advice on where else I can have it checked. Brought it to Central Diesel but they seem to not be interested saying it is hard to diagnose. Tia.
    How old is your rig sir? Any info on how you use your car? When did this happen sir?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    2009. Warranty voided kasi itinawid ko sa baha during ondoy. Pero 2 mos ago lang humina ang hatak. It still goes up to 160 kph pero not as quickly. Usual city driving and twice to baguio and once to bicol since i bought it.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead2 View Post
    2009. Warranty voided kasi itinawid ko sa baha during ondoy. Pero 2 mos ago lang humina ang hatak. It still goes up to 160 kph pero not as quickly. Usual city driving and twice to baguio and once to bicol since i bought it.
    Although different car yung ranger ng bayaw ko, nag-leak din turbo nun pero nilinis lang ng mekaniko. Tinanggal yung pipe from the air cleaner and then binuksan yung sa may pipe from turbo going to the intercooler and then pinaandar yung makina. Rev to the point na gagana yung turbo and then nilalagyan ng diesel yung opening ng turbo (from the air cleaner) at ibubuga yun sa outlet going to the intercooler. Ok na siya. Hinigpitan din nga pala yung mga tubes and pipes conection just to be sure. I hope thsi helps.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    could be a simple o-ring leak only or a leaking boost hose....can be DIYed but you have to make matching marks so as not to disturb the balance...the turbo is sometimes a b!**# to get esp. on the turbine side....mine is mitsu TD04 air cooled....

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Im not daring enough for diy. Any shop you can recommend?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Now at Berrima. Doing dyno run and checking to see if dpchip will be a good addition.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    sir hammer,

kindly inform us of the cost of a dyno run...plus if they provide repair kits for turbos....TIA

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hope everything will be ok. A turbo clean might be just what is needed afterall.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    They wanted to drill into the engine (?) to get the boost. I said no. Dymo run is 2.5k. I bought the dpchip for 50k. Saw a 14hp gain. Ok na ba yun? Parang di sulit for the gain i got. I notice a difference sa hatak pero slight lang. What do you guys think? Initial reading was 119.5hp, after dpchip its now 133.6 hp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
GS Turbo Oil Leak