New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead2 View Post
    They wanted to drill into the engine (?) to get the boost. I said no. Dymo run is 2.5k. I bought the dpchip for 50k. Saw a 14hp gain. Ok na ba yun? Parang di sulit for the gain i got. I notice a difference sa hatak pero slight lang. What do you guys think? Initial reading was 119.5hp, after dpchip its now 133.6 hp.
    drill into the engine to get the boost? or get a boost reading?

on my point of view, i cannot use 133hp or more here in the philippines...it's traffic everywhere....i cannot even fully use the hp of my ride since i'm on "daddy-driver mode" most of the time...

thanks for the info ....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead2 View Post
    They wanted to drill into the engine (?) to get the boost. I said no. Dymo run is 2.5k. I bought the dpchip for 50k. Saw a 14hp gain. Ok na ba yun? Parang di sulit for the gain i got. I notice a difference sa hatak pero slight lang. What do you guys think? Initial reading was 119.5hp, after dpchip its now 133.6 hp.
    It seems that they want to see your boost lang but dapat no drilling in the engine itself. For 50K, that is a low hp gain. Kung may KNN open type filter ka baka ganayan din lang makuha mo plus port polishing which is much cheaper IMO.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yeah. Boost reading daw.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Kelangan kasi talaga ng papasukan ng probe ng boost gauge. That's the only way I know how to check if the turbo is working properly.

Did they give you a graph of your AFR? You could just compare the stock run with other people with the same engine. 119Hp at the wheels on their dyno looks just about right for the GS if that's the CRDi version. Paano nila nasabing may sira ang turbo mo?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Kelangan kasi talaga ng papasukan ng probe ng boost gauge. That's the only way I know how to check if the turbo is working properly.

Did they give you a graph of your AFR? You could just compare the stock run with other people with the same engine. 119Hp at the wheels on their dyno looks just about right for the GS if that's the CRDi version. Paano nila nasabing may sira ang turbo mo?

Yeah. The afr was lower after chip installation. You think it sounds right yun baseline for gs vgt? No it was casa who said turbo was broken. Berrima did not touch my turbo. Wala ako makuhanan ng data for other gs kasi.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Paano nasabi na leaking oil ang turbo? Nasubukan ba na nilinis muna ang turbo (katulad ng isang post sa itaas) then disconnected ang discharge side (compressor) hose? Kapag malinis at walang langis ang turbo charger compressor then patakbuhin ang makina na disconnected sa intercooler makikita ngayon kung tuloy-tuloy ang labas ng langis, kung ganyan nga ibig sabihin leaking ang seal sa compressor side, kung isang buga lang at pawala na ang langis ibig sabihin accumulated oil lang hindi leaking seal. Leaking seal pwede na overhauling kit lang kailangan plus cost ng balancing. Mas mura keysa turbo replacement.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Paano nasabi na leaking oil ang turbo? Nasubukan ba na nilinis muna ang turbo (katulad ng isang post sa itaas) then disconnected ang discharge side (compressor) hose? Kapag malinis at walang langis ang turbo charger compressor then patakbuhin ang makina na disconnected sa intercooler makikita ngayon kung tuloy-tuloy ang labas ng langis, kung ganyan nga ibig sabihin leaking ang seal sa compressor side, kung isang buga lang at pawala na ang langis ibig sabihin accumulated oil lang hindi leaking seal. Leaking seal pwede na overhauling kit lang kailangan plus cost ng balancing. Mas mura keysa turbo replacement.

Sorry magulo ang kuwento ko. Goldstar me sabi nun and they want 35k for the repair. They showed me when they opened the turbo an the engine revved. I saw oil building up. San kaya pwede ipagawa yun? I went to berrima e napunta ako sa chip installation.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

turbos have ala-"pitot tubes" (small diameter tubes) to measure boost reading on the discharge side of the compressor afaik....connected to the boost compensator in an injection pump (diesel) as well as the wastegate controller.

insert a t-fitting in between the boost line and connect a boost gage...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Kung leaking oil ang turbo mag usok puti ang tambutso nyan, pagmalakas ang leak eh parang "fumigation" kalakas ang white smoke. Ang oil level sa dipstick measurement ay mabilis bumaba. Kung walang heavy white smoke at hindi ka lagi nag top-up ng engine oil I presume accumulated oil lang yan. Cleaning lang ang kailangan from turbo>intercooler>intake manifold tulad ng naunang post. No need for T/C overhauling.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    turbos have ala-"pitot tubes" (small diameter tubes) to measure boost reading on the discharge side of the compressor afaik....connected to the boost compensator in an injection pump (diesel) as well as the wastegate controller.

insert a t-fitting in between the boost line and connect a boost gage...
    Yung line ba yun ng solenoid ng wastegate? Di ko pa kasi nakikita yung sa GS. I wonder how the readings taken here will compare to a probe tapped on the intake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
GS Turbo Oil Leak