New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    what made you decide to choose petron ultron?
    sakin lang naman sir di kasi sludge forming ang petron oils, nun binuksan engine cover ng sentra ng misis ko parang bago pa wala ako nakita varnish color 65k sa odo. straight ultron lang ginamit dun.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also use Petron Ulton Touring on our old Sentra and Galant (change every 5,000kms) with VIC filter at that. No problems with it unlike what some guys encountered with Castrol before. I also used it on my Altis before switching to Mobil 1000. Its one of the cheaper oils available and since we change every 5000kms, its not causing any problems.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Mukhang sulit itong Petron Ultron even slight cheaper than Castrol.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    any feedback on ginza oil filter? top 1 oil?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    any feedback on ginza oil filter? top 1 oil?
    I don't want to start a new topic on this because I already posted about pretty much every oil and their specs sold in the Philippines on the remote bypass filter thread, feel free to search.

I like to keep the filter stuff in that thread as well but I will answer this one question as I have posted this info before and to save you a long back read.

OEM filter is the standard we’re using to judge the other seven filters. Based on this standard, the quality of the Replacement filter is patently and grossly inferior, the next most inferior is the Ginza Japan filter. The anti-drain-back diaphragm on the Replacement filter is of very poor quality, so poor that it might even allow unfiltered oil back into the engine the same way it came in. Hence, at the very first stage of a filter’s function, the inferior quality of the anti-drain-back diaphragm on the Replacement filter has already given an indication of how poorly it will perform. Moreover, its poorly assembled filter media as demonstrated by the loosely and highly irregular pleat spacing indicates that it contains far less filter media compared with that on the OEM as well as that of the Vic filter. Because the Replacement filter and the Ginza Japan contain less filter media they consequently must have a diminished ability to filter dirty oil. And finally, under conditions where the by-pass valve will come into play, its by-pass valve has only one .8cm hole for the oil to pass, and the spring on its valve has a resistance that’s nowhere near as stiff as that on the OEM valve.

In the area of the filter medium, the best was that of the OEM Honda filter which seemed to be of paper/cotton blend. The worst was that of the Replacement “Mazda” and the Ginza Japan filter both of which had very irregular pleat spacing and a smaller filter area than the standard. The Power Long filter was the most unusual being made of stainless steel mesh. It would be much better to subject the different filter media to a genuine test to see which filters the best.
    That was from the mazda club philippines forum.

Basically they are about the worst filter sold in the Philippines ever worse than VIC.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    hi, based on experience, do not use js asakashi oil filter. the ADBV won't work, it will damage your engine due to oil starvation during start-up

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by waldnerdoe View Post
    hi, based on experience, do not use js asakashi oil filter. the ADBV won't work, it will damage your engine due to oil starvation during start-up
    pano mo nalaman di gumagana bro?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    pano mo nalaman di gumagana bro?
    check ko dipstick in the morning when the engine has rested for 12 hrs, i noticed that the level of oil is above the maximum about 5-10mm, then i tried to run the engine for 10 mins then have it rest for 30 mins and the level of oil is within the max. further, i change the filter and the old filter was tested in a horizontal position and the oil comes out from the ADBV.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    its normal sir.. the adbv is not a check valve or one-way valve.. its just a rubber flap to regulate the oil flow back.. more likely that your engine is over filled with oil..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    its normal sir.. the adbv is not a check valve or one-way valve.. its just a rubber flap to regulate the oil flow back.. more likely that your engine is over filled with oil..
    no sir. when i changed the oil filter after resting the engine for 12 hours, the filter is almost empty, thus, depriving the engine during start-up which is the function of the adbv to prevent the oil in the filter to go back to the sump. it is not overfilled. isuzu 4jk1-tc engine has 7 liters of oil recommended.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Good Oil Filter and Oil