New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by harimon21 View Post

Di naman nabaha yung car. Had checked the relay and its ok. Strange, pag sinusumpong sya what I do is pull over, shut the engine, wait a few minutes, restart then ok na uli. haay
    Yeah, the fuel pump relay should work or else your car wont start like what I said. Did you try cleaning the tank the way that I said? Check mo mga sinabi ko mag back read ka it might work. Its just probably a dirty fuel tank or just impurities in your gasoline.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    check mo rin ang fuel mo baka may tubig lalo na kung yung may e10 ang kinakarga mong gas, marami din gas station ang mga nabaha at nahaluan ng tubig. considering the quality ng gasoline natin kailangan madalas magpalit ng fuel filter

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    naayos na ba ang problem ng TS ? ano talaga ang culprit ?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Your problem is very hard to diagnose, because its intermittent, the window of opportunity for the technician/mechanic to diagnose the problem is very small. The symptoms you gave are general symptoms for fuel system and ignition systems. As your car is aged enough there are more probable cause of the problems. One way to limit our guess is to put a test pump pressure gauge in the fuel after the filter, these should be of good grade and semi-permanent to eliminate fire. Drive you car the normal way until the symptoms arises and check the pressure of the fuel, it should be somewhere between 35 to 45 psi, anything lower than this would indicate problem in the fuel system or its electrical circuit controlling the fuel pump.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    you are right paulgozon. very difficult to diagnose. have drained gas and cleaned tank, no luck still. I am now looking at a possible MAF sensor problem, as I have read it causes symptoms I have mentioned

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    almost same symptoms sa akin, 2003 REVO SR A/T.
    intermittent na namamatay ang makina habang umaandar at pahinga lang ng konti ay mag-iistart na sasakyan. but lately, hard starting sa umaga at may ingay akong naririnig sa linya papuntang EFI. pag nawala ang ingay ay mag-iistart na siya. napalitan na fuel filter, battery check ay ok at huling ginawa ay starter pero ganun pa din.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hapahopi View Post
    almost same symptoms sa akin, 2003 REVO SR A/T.
    intermittent na namamatay ang makina habang umaandar at pahinga lang ng konti ay mag-iistart na sasakyan. but lately, hard starting sa umaga at may ingay akong naririnig sa linya papuntang EFI. pag nawala ang ingay ay mag-iistart na siya. napalitan na fuel filter, battery check ay ok at huling ginawa ay starter pero ganun pa din.
    Assuming you have a good starting system, sa umaga pag-hindi siya start try open a bolt on the fuel line (either the filter or common rail) and see if there is a pressurised gasoline. If you don't know how to do it, go to your favorite shop and let them know of your intention so that they can help you with it. We are trying to isolate the problem by first checking if the problem is from the fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by harimon21 View Post
    you are right paulgozon. very difficult to diagnose. have drained gas and cleaned tank, no luck still. I am now looking at a possible MAF sensor problem, as I have read it causes symptoms I have mentioned
    Find a good shop to install a test pressure meter and install also a test bulb on the positive line wire of the fuel pump. Drive the car until the symptoms arises, if the test bulb is not lit and the test pressure is below 35psi, problem is with the electrical line supplying to the fuel pump, if the test bulb is lit and pressure on test meter is below 35psi, fuel pump is the culprit. If test light is lit and pressure is about 35psi, problem is not the fuel system, it could be the ignition system or something else, but first we must do the fuel system test first.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    almost a year na din bago yung huling nangyari sa akin ito. pinatingin ko sa toyota at wala rin silang nahanap. ang ginawa nila ay 'nilinis' lahat under the dashboard. umayos siya at ngayon lang bumabalik ulit.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sinok is getting more frequent and worse. Today I have to stop-start 4 times during 15 km of highway travel just to go to office. The mechanic advised me to replace first the fuel filter and so I did this morning. Ganun pa rin. Sign of the pump nearing its useful life? To the mechanic uli bukas.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    [quote=paulgozon;1407609]Assuming you have a good starting system, sa umaga pag-hindi siya start try open a bolt on the fuel line (either the filter or common rail) and see if there is a pressurised gasoline. If you don't know how to do it, go to your favorite shop and let them know of your intention so that they can help you with it. We are trying to isolate the problem by first checking if the problem is from the fuel pump.

dinala ko kanina sa car repair dahil dalawang beses namatayan sa daan at hirap din magstart. chineck nila ang fuel pressure at malakas naman ang sirit ng gas. pinacheck ko sa electrician sabi niya maluwang yung connection sa computer box. sinecure niya at umuwi na kami. under observation as of now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
fuel pump problem kaya?