New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    rss
    i had the exact same problem as yours a few weeks ago, although innova gas matic yung sa akin, but the fuel i use is also petron extra unleaded. nagkakaron din ng knocking under hard acceleration but under normal circumstances wala naman. i changed sparkplugs, fuel filter(grabe ang mahal nito), cleaned the maf sensor, o2 sensor. ganun parin. so i tried switching to xcs(higher octane) and still ganun parin. pina check ko sa friend ko na may talyer and what he did is binaba fuel tank and empty its contents and replaced with petron blaze(96 octane), cleaned my injectors, ayun nawala na knocking even under hard acceleration and uphill climbs. turns out hindi ata compatible yung unleaded and xcs ng petron sa ride ko. my manual also recommends a minimum of 91 octane pero ang extra unleaded is 93 octane na. so what gives? ang mahal pa naman ng blaze and hindi naman high performance ang innova to use that fuel. imo burning money lang ako sa ganitong situation and im looking to change to caltex or shell.
    Thanks for your response bratski, actually yan ang gagawin ko ngaun, ubusin till empty ung fuel tank ko. Nakupo mahal ung blaze Kakapagtaka pano hindi naging compatible na ung unleaded and xcs pareho tayo sir 91 and recommended octane sa manual. Di kaya madumi din ung injectors nung tsikot ko? medyo taka din ako sa part na un kasi just 3 weeks ago, nag 10k checkup po ito.. waaaahh!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rsscertified View Post
    Thanks for your response bratski, actually yan ang gagawin ko ngaun, ubusin till empty ung fuel tank ko. Nakupo mahal ung blaze Kakapagtaka pano hindi naging compatible na ung unleaded and xcs pareho tayo sir 91 and recommended octane sa manual. Di kaya madumi din ung injectors nung tsikot ko? medyo taka din ako sa part na un kasi just 3 weeks ago, nag 10k checkup po ito.. waaaahh!!!
    just spoke with the owner of the petron station na pinagkakargahan ko ng gas, turns out my innova has ingested bad gas nga dahil nung time na nagpakarga ako nag maintennance sila ng mga pumps, nalagyan siguro ng dumi at nagbara yung fuel filter ko.2 of my other delivery vehicles also nagpakarga din nung araw na yun(xtra unleaded din) and mas malala nangyari (one of them nawala yung power). rather than lose a longtime volume customer, the owner decided to reimburse me for my gas and repairs for the vehicles affected. good thing tumawag siya kasi i was about to seal a deal with another petron station across the street hehehe.P.O. system kasi ako sa petron for my personal vehicles and my delivery trucks.
    by the way, pag naubos na yung current gas mo and maglalagay ka ng bagong gas, after the fill up palit ka na ng fuel filter dahil malamang nagbara narin yan due to bad gas. yung fuel injectors tsaka mo nalang palinis kung may knocking ka parin naririnig after changing the fuel filter. im not sure about the fuel filter of the altis pero kung plastic type yan medyo mura lang, pero kung metal type with the brackets pa ang mahal sobra. fuel filter ng innova ko costs almost 3k (genuine)
    Last edited by bratski; February 5th, 2009 at 01:11 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    just spoke with the owner of the petron station na pinagkakargahan ko ng gas, turns out my innova has ingested bad gas nga dahil nung time na nagpakarga ako nag maintennance sila ng mga pumps, nalagyan siguro ng dumi at nagbara yung fuel filter ko.2 of my other delivery vehicles also nagpakarga din nung araw na yun(xtra unleaded din) and mas malala nangyari (one of them nawala yung power). rather than lose a longtime volume customer, the owner decided to reimburse me for my gas and repairs for the vehicles affected. good thing tumawag siya kasi i was about to seal a deal with another petron station across the street hehehe.P.O. system kasi ako sa petron for my personal vehicles and my delivery trucks.
    by the way, pag naubos na yung current gas mo and maglalagay ka ng bagong gas, after the fill up palit ka na ng fuel filter dahil malamang nagbara narin yan due to bad gas. yung fuel injectors tsaka mo nalang palinis kung may knocking ka parin naririnig after changing the fuel filter. im not sure about the fuel filter of the altis pero kung plastic type yan medyo mura lang, pero kung metal type with the brackets pa ang mahal sobra. fuel filter ng innova ko costs almost 3k (genuine)
    thanks Bratski - naku mahal pala ung fuel filter. problem ko din di ko alam kung san nakalagay ung fuel filter. san po pede magpapalit kaya nito sir kung sakali?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    i experience a slight fuel knock with my altis, i use unleaded. i only notice it during hard accelerations and only if my window is down, otherwise i don't notice it at all. is it ok to have slight knock? i use unleaded fuel.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    i experience a slight fuel knock with my altis, i use unleaded. i only notice it during hard accelerations and only if my window is down, otherwise i don't notice it at all. is it ok to have slight knock? i use unleaded fuel.
    all gasoline available in the market are unleaded. please specify the exact brand and octane rating you used.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rsscertified View Post
    thanks Bratski - naku mahal pala ung fuel filter. problem ko din di ko alam kung san nakalagay ung fuel filter. san po pede magpapalit kaya nito sir kung sakali?
    most fuel filters are located in the engine compartment, you will know its a fuel filter dahil yun line ng gas from the fuel tank diretso sa kanya and another line coming out directly sa fuel injectors. medyo easy fix lang pag sa engine compartment siya located,some fuel filters are located underneath the vehicle naman.but a friend who has a 1.8 altis told me that yung fuel filter niya is located very near or on top of the fuel tank itself kaya kailangan pang ibaba yug fuel tank niya to access the filter (eto madugo sa labor charges).

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by normanenoza View Post
    all gasoline available in the market are unleaded. please specify the exact brand and octane rating you used.
    Shell unleaded 93 octane

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    engine knocking is usually heard from when the car is not moving or at very low speed then going into accelaration and/or when going uphill. not by doing 130kph.

engines have a minimum required octane rating. check your manual. if knocking persists, have your timing adjusted or switch to a higher octane fuel.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    anyone here using Petron Xtra Unleaded for their Mazda 3 1.6V variant?

I wonder if you can post your review here.

thanks in advance.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    most fuel filters are located in the engine compartment, you will know its a fuel filter dahil yun line ng gas from the fuel tank diretso sa kanya and another line coming out directly sa fuel injectors. medyo easy fix lang pag sa engine compartment siya located,some fuel filters are located underneath the vehicle naman.but a friend who has a 1.8 altis told me that yung fuel filter niya is located very near or on top of the fuel tank itself kaya kailangan pang ibaba yug fuel tank niya to access the filter (eto madugo sa labor charges).

hmmm. the fuel filter of the 1.8 altis (i have the same model) is can be replaced without taking the fuel tank.

tanggalin mo lang yung upuan sa likod and bang. fuel filter na.

i had mine repalced sa speedyfix. mejo pricey lang ang fuel filter (grnuine) for altis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fuel Knock??