New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does changing of the oil and changing to open type filter or having a snorkel installed reduce black smoke? i have the things done and seemed to help a lot....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1 more day...last call....

1. Tell tale signs to look out for.
    2. Signs or what to look out for other types of services.
    3. Engine diagnosis [somewhat related to tell tale signs].
    4. Calibration flow chart with solutions. Tools will not be included as this are not ordinary tools.
    5. How to drive diesel engines without smoke belching.
    6. Emission testing.
    7. Calibration timelines or recommended intervals either in years or odo readings.
    8. Oil changes, Biodiesel and other additives.
    9. Accessory add ons ot help the engine.

I'll do everything this weekend so answers will be posted by monday in several formats like .doc, .pdf, .txt or .html or simply posted everything here.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    doc mga magkano plunger sa inyo na Zexel p49 or denso 4610? just replaced them on my truck, just wanted to compare the prices that I got them if malaki difference. cant call your manila office province ako eh.
    ARB,
    How did you know those were the ones that needed replacement? And how did you know that those part numbers are for your specific application? I am presuming you have the old mechanical style in line injection pump where other shops have the habit of changing only certain parts to have a lower quote but do not know that other parts are vital to each other also.

para bang man and wife........

san province ka?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    its for a fuso 8dc81a engine, inline. OEM was zexel p49. replacement of Denso was 461-0. symptoms was, no idle, and if I adjust ang idle it would go wild. When we pulled out the plunger and barrel it was heavily worn out it had already streaks. had tried to have it adjusted first but ayaw talaga mag idle. did not change the delivery vavle as there was no stock here and it was ok pa naman. now one click na ang truck and idles well.

Neg. occ.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    its for a fuso 8dc81a engine, inline. OEM was zexel p49. replacement of Denso was 461-0. symptoms was, no idle, and if I adjust ang idle it would go wild. When we pulled out the plunger and barrel it was heavily worn out it had already streaks. had tried to have it adjusted first but ayaw talaga mag idle. did not change the delivery vavle as there was no stock here and it was ok pa naman. now one click na ang truck and idles well.

Neg. occ.
    did you take out the injection pump while doing? who gave you the replacement of Denso as 461-0? so after replacing the plunger and barrel, did you calibrate the pump?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yep we removed the pump from the truck, had it ride the calibration machine and it cannot hold idling pressure to the nozzle at 200 rpm. from a auto supply here, yep after replacing calibrated it again.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    also pwede pa discuss na rin which replacement parts to avoid and the cheaper but reliable alternative brands to buy

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    Doc Diesel,

I have a 2000 pajero 2.8 Napansin ko mahina na hatak. On highways when overtaking nageemit ng black smoke like a squid pero this happens pag nagdown shift yun auto tranny niya. Medyo malakas siya sa diesel. Around 4 lng siya city driving lng. Have failed emmission tests na rin for last 2 years. 46,000 kms na siya. Am planning palang pero would more or less like to know costs. TY

46K palang? 2000 model siya bago pa unit mo and super low milage. 2 years na bumagsak sa emission? akala ko pa naman very durable ang 4m40 natin

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    bump

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looks like Doc has his hands full.

Gary, boybi : pa sticky naman tong topic.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Fuel Injection Calibration 101