New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^^^^The cure is to basically warm up your engine and run it to the limits of each gear, in every gear, for a good while. para exercised siya

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    may service na ganyan. de-carbonizing yata tawag dun.

nag-DIY lang ako. i just used water. fed it thru the pipe, tinakpan ng basahan (dapat may nakahawak), rev ng malakas, bigla mong alisin yun basahan. the water & carbon was blasted up to 20 ft. did this 3 times yata in one sitting.

so far, no problems with the muffler.

depende rin siguro sa type of muffler. mayroon kasing may glass or fiberglass sa loob. yung iba may foam yata or some kind of filter material.

but i'm not suggesting you do this procedure... baka sisihin nyo pa ako!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    When you say sustained high speed, at what RPM should the engine be run at? for how long?

TIA.
    I would say gradually closing to red line. Maybe 80% of tachometer where 100% is red line. The trick is to do it gradually. Baka mabigla makina mo at bumigay. Parang tao lang yan, hindi ka pwede tumakbo nang malayuan kung wala ka sa kondisyon

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm having weekly problems with our diesel ride.

my pops drive it conservatively, gas pedal never reach more than 50%. but when I ride it sometime for once a week. then makes a quick high rev in overtaking, it puffs heavyweight smoke. nakakahiya... but the second time and the rest of the day, smoke is barely visible kahit todo na ang tapak.

flushing muffler weekly is also wasting fuel.

ano kaya ang cheaper solusyon dyan?

I don't think even a 1300 watts vacuum can suck.

some innova also has this kind of trouble.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    I'm having weekly problems with our diesel ride.

my pops drive it conservatively, gas pedal never reach more than 50%. but when I ride it sometime for once a week. then makes a quick high rev in overtaking, it puffs heavyweight smoke. nakakahiya... but the second time and the rest of the day, smoke is barely visible kahit todo na ang tapak.

flushing muffler weekly is also wasting fuel.

ano kaya ang cheaper solusyon dyan?

I don't think even a 1300 watts vacuum can suck.

some innova also has this kind of trouble.
    Just stab on the go pedal when somebody is tailgating you parang pusit

Ganyan talaga ang diesel kapag hindi naitakbo nang sustained high speed for a while. Place some fast paced music on the stereo while your dad is driving, it may work to that effect. Kung hindi, you can adjust the throttle linkages a bit to compensate

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm telling him to go hard for some time nalang. don't want to change my settings na. I remember when I drove it again first time from more than a month, the smoke is so bad, parang bumigay yung makina sa overtake. kakahiya talaga.
    Last edited by rion; July 19th, 2008 at 05:56 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    no need na to do this imo. the water will just get stuck inside the muffler and degrade it even faster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
flushing the muffler with water/solvent to clean?