New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hello ya'll !

Im planning to buy a Civic sometime this year. Im looking at 95 Esi or 96 Lxi Model.

If it would fit my budget im planning to swap the stock engine with a DB15 VTEC or maybe a B16ef, A ..

I would just like to find out more information with the best choice out of the 2.. how much HP does the DB15 and B16 have ? and if ever i do the engine swap .. do you have any ideas where and how much it would cost for everything to be done ?

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    if it was up to me, I would go for a B16 or even B18... your gonna need the longblock (including tranee), ecu, wiring harness, custom/modified engine mounts, custom/modified shifter linkage. and if you wana do just a single cam vtec swap, al your gonan need is the shortblock, engine wiring harness and ecu.
    ...why do you wanna swap to begin with? what are you looking to do with the car? drag/autocross? or do you just want that extra "umphh" from the vtec?

as far as pricing, I dunno how much it is over there but down here, it would cost you at least $1500 for the complete swap including labor...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A full-on B16 swap used to cost between 80-100k pesos, depending on how much needed to be changed. I think the ESi's fuel pump is strong enough for the B16, but you'll still need a whole shebang of wiring to be done, and that's what costs.

If you're not into drag racing, and you're not going to change anything else on the car (shocks, springs, tires or brakes) to cope with the extra power, then a D15B swap is enough. I don't know the cost, or if you could possibly just swap in the head and ECU onto an LXi's 1.5, but I'm wagering it's 50k or less for the entire project.

A 130-hp D15B-equipped ESi or LXi is just about quick enough for daily use, and would be fun on weekends. With proper intake and exhaust mods, it would be a near match for a stock SiR (lighter body).

Up to you what you want, but if you do go for more power, make sure you spend for good tires... and in the case of a B16-swap, good brakes and a better suspension.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if you're going for the d15 lang then you might as well just save up and buy the vti na 96. halos same pa power. if you're going to swap in the b16 then just save up and buy a sir.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    what's your objective for the swap?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i was just looking around and gathering much information on engine swapping..
    i guess i just wanted to get that extra Umph in my hood !

i've always been into ' the sleeper ' type of car eversince. im just new here in the PI and im still abit clueless on how much things cost and where to get them at ..

im not really planning on racing the car .. i guess it never really hurts to have power under the hood ..

but thanks so much for the insights guys ! very much appreciated !

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    best to save up for a 2nd hand SiR nalang. or if you want, get an EG hatch and swap in a D15. decent power to weight ratio, plus it doesn't drink too much fuel.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Buhayin ko lang po yung thread. ngaung 2012 ano ba mga shop na nag bebenta ng d15b vtec at kasama install? yung magaling at mapagkakatiwalaan and magkano aabutin? Salamat!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Halos lahat ng surplusan sa Imus, Banawe at Evangelista meron niyan. Mga P50K kasama na install.

Ano auto at makina mo sir at bakit mo gusto ng engine swap?

Parang sawa na kasi ako sa D15B :angel3:.

(kung PH16 yan usap tayo)

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Halos lahat ng surplusan sa Imus, Banawe at Evangelista meron niyan. Mga P50K kasama na install.

Ano auto at makina mo sir at bakit mo gusto ng engine swap?

Parang sawa na kasi ako sa D15B :angel3:.

(kung PH16 yan usap tayo)
    Sir Eg hatch na PH12.. nung nabili ko dami lumabas na problema eh, hirap talaga pag noob sa auto. Ok ba FC ng d15b na vtec? lalo na pag di ihahataw?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
engine swap for honda