New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hi peeps,

i've been noticing this for years now, but it seems to have gotten worse lately. At dead stop, especially when the engine is cold(though nangyayari din after driving for a while), my ride "shudders" before moving forward. Sa napansin ko, it usually disappears when i rev the engine a bit higher.

What could be the cause? Recently lang kasi naayos ung aircon, and i feel that the rpm drops very low at times(something like 400-600 ata); di ko lang napansin kung sabay ba sa low rpm ung pag shudder niya.

Or could there be something wrong with the transmission? (gasp)Sliding clutch?

'89 Corolla XL with the 2e engine po pala ung sasakyan. tia

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    check engine support. baka wasak na kaya nararamdaman mo na vibration pag nag engage ang aircon, wherein nadadagdagan ng load ang engine.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Youll need to look at the idle air accuator located on the throttle body poss clogged due to carbon or simpley quit working.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    hi peeps,

i've been noticing this for years now, but it seems to have gotten worse lately. At dead stop, especially when the engine is cold(though nangyayari din after driving for a while), my ride "shudders" before moving forward. Sa napansin ko, it usually disappears when i rev the engine a bit higher.

What could be the cause? Recently lang kasi naayos ung aircon, and i feel that the rpm drops very low at times(something like 400-600 ata); di ko lang napansin kung sabay ba sa low rpm ung pag shudder niya.

Or could there be something wrong with the transmission? (gasp)Sliding clutch?

'89 Corolla XL with the 2e engine po pala ung sasakyan. tia

baddcook,
    is your car equipped with a variable venturi carburetor?
    jick

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    er...sorry, no idea B) stock carb lang po, ung aisin ata ung tatak

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    er...sorry, no idea B) stock carb lang po, ung aisin ata ung tatak

badkuk,
    its characteristics are: equipped with a sliding plunger with a needle installed on it, no choke plate, no throttle plate
    jick

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Iyong tungkol sa pagbaba ng rpm pag nakabukas air con pa check mo na lang adjustment ng idling para sa aircon . masyado mababa ang idling mo.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    You can try to isolate the problem.

Aircon - turn of the aircon then use the vehicle normally. If it doen's shudder then its the aircon.
    If it still shudder check the engine and transmission mounts, if no fault is found.
    then You might have a dragging clutch (if its manual tranny).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    since, as you mentioned, your car shudders when starting to move forward, check your clutch bro. IMHO, most likely it's the cause of the shuddering.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by conzky View Post
    since, as you mentioned, your car shudders when starting to move forward, check your clutch bro. IMHO, most likely it's the cause of the shuddering.
    same response here. this shudder occurs when you engage the clutch. Worn out na yung clutch release bearing or pressure plate. pag replace nyan sabay sabay na. clutch disc, release bearing and pressure plate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
engine "shudders" when starting from dead stop