Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Last weekend, I had my car serviced for PMS
    sa Toyota CASA.
    I brought along my own motor oil and a can
    of motor oil flush.
    The Service Advisor refused to do the engine
    oil flush. TMPC does not recommend it daw.
    Why is that so? Just curious...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my cousin works in a toyota casa....di raw talaga advisable engine flush...yun emphasize sa kanila during training / seminars.....it something to do with the components in the flush na ma corrode lalo interanals.......

pati putting air hose to flush.....may kasamang water droplets ang compressor ...then punta sa engine....

let it drip to the final drop...replace...oil filter.....and NO additives like STp...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most dealers are very strict with their rules like what you had experienced. IMHO I don't think using engine flushing is not really necessay. They say that oil flushes cleans the engine, but engine oil already has detergent properties that also cleans the engines interior. For me it's just an additional expense to flush your engine with no added benefit.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would do the same... refuse using oil flush, air hose, and additives.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't believe in engine flush. Just like what Roydok say's, the oils that we use already has components that prevents the formation of harmful deposits inside the engine.

Just follow the regular interval for changing oil and you will be fine.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Paano yan if you bought a 2nd hand car tapos madumi yung oil, we changed the oil sandali lang madumi na ulit. so do I just keep changing oils hanggang luminis?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    Paano yan if you bought a 2nd hand car tapos madumi yung oil, we changed the oil sandali lang madumi na ulit. so do I just keep changing oils hanggang luminis?
    siguro for this case, pwede mong i-flush yan once lang. tapos hwag na ulit. ako din, i really don't use flushes for my engine during oil changes for reasons stated by roydok.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the flush has its benefits but as they mentioned, it uses strong elements that may affect your engine in the long run.

When i spoke to some guys from Nissan Gallery before, they said that I should use the engine flush that gives for a 15min more or less engine running time with the flush in it's instructions. These are said to be less corrosive/harsh on the engine. It's the ones that only specify a 5min running time that are found to be really bad for the engine.

The brands of engine flush that i found to have a specified 10-20min engine running time were AC Delco and OWS. I tried the AC Delco during my 25,000KM service (first time i tried an engine flush). I heard that Caltex also has an engine flushing oil.

If you find your engine oil to be dirty always, there could be something wornong (a leak somewhere in teh system?) You can have it opened up as well to clean your engine and oil pan of sludge... You can check out this thread for some ideas on the engine flush and oil sludge: http://www.nissanbayan.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1237896

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pareng tjmaxxx....

ako din...sabi ng cousin ko sa shop...wag daw ako gagamit ng engine flush sa safari ko....

nakaka corrode daw minsan ng internal parts.....though i once tried it dati nung nagpa change oil ako sa gas station....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you really want to clean your engine, the safest and best way to do it is to flush it with engine oil...i used cheap engine oil (API-SE SAE 40) to flush my civic's engine before i poured the Fully Synthetic oil...i would recommend owners to flush their engines(specially diesel ones) with ENGINE OIL once every 40,000 km or once a year whichever comes first...

i know little about cans of motor oil flush that you can buy in store shelves...i read somewhere that they are "chemical" based(if I remember it right, it has a very strong smell)...it may not be harmful to the engine's ferrous components but they may be harmful to the oil seals...

vinj, is right...Caltex has a flushing OIL...Caltex Power Flushing Oil is a mineral based oil with a detergent-dispersant additiveengine oil additives and function booster to effectively flush the lubrication systems of both gasoline and diesel engines. Sometimes the detergent and dispersant content in our favorite engine oil is not enough to counter the effects of sludge formation. Remember, sludge fills the piston grooves and interferes with the piston ring operation. It will cause blow-by combustion gases into the crankcase(more soot) and will allow oil to by-pass the piston rings(oil consumption). Increased blow-by causes fuel dilution fo the oil in the crankcase, thinning the engine oil and contributing to wear of vital engine components. So you see, it is not bad to flush your engine once in a while. YOU JUST HAVE TO USE THE RIGHT MATERIALS.

DETERGENTS-soap-like compounds that remove deposits from engine surfaces. They consist of metal atom, such as Calcium, with a hydrocarbon attached to it. Simply described, the metallic "head" removes deposits and the hydrocarbon "tail" dissolves it into the oil.

detergent action

DISPERSANTS-organic compounds that contain no metallic component. They hold contaminant particles in suspension ithe oil until they are removed at oil drain.

dispersant action

detergent versus dispersant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine Oil Flush