New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hi guys

when im in high speed 80 and above ung engine parang may humming na sounds..

engine support kaya to? or gulong?

car: NIssan Sentra
    TIA

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Check mo rin wheel bearing.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Check mo rin wheel bearing.
    okay lang ba ibyahe ng malayo?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Kailangan isolate mo, mag jack ka sa apat ng gulong tapos isasain mong ikutin, pag meron malakas kaysa iba, malamang bearing, kung wala naman sa bearing pedeng gulong pero to be sure pa check mo ang transmission oil mo baka kulang na oil.

Pag bearing yan pede pa naman basta hindi sumasayaw, kung gulong ayos lang byahe, kung transmission oil, delikado yan. pede ka itirik nyan.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    okay lang ba ibyahe ng malayo?
    Cars endure a lot of stress when used on the road. More so during prolonged periods (malayong byahe).

You have to isolate the abnormal sound and repair it. It's for your peace of mind as well as your safety on the road.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks guys

culprit is wheel bearing.. already fix

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    excuse po sa TS, makikiride-on lang po ako. i also noticed this high pitched humming sound yesterday when i drove long distance my nissan sentra. the sound is noticeable at speeds around 70kph but it happens intermittently especially when i'm running on an asphalt road or a smooth concrete for a long stretch. but when i deccelerate, the sound wanes off. i don't know if it's just me since when i asked my wife and 2 others, they said they haven't noticed anything. but i'm quite sure i seem to be hearing something na parang coming from the rear wheels, or could it just be my wheels? maraming salamt po sa mga magrereply. happy holidays to all.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Either the tires or the bearings on the side where the humming is apparent. Both can be characterized by its relative intensity with acceleration or deceleration.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    thanks ericbalajadia for the response. like you've said, there are two possible major culprits- tires or wheel bearings.. haist. it seems to be coming from the rear. if its the tires, why is it that i only got to notice it now and the weird thing is those with me during the ride said they haven't heard any high pitched humming when i broached it to them. so i brushed it off as due to whatever ear sensation felt during long travels.. hehe. but i can't seem to get it off my mind so here i am.

anyway, i did notice that there's an uneven wear on the rear tires (low profile dunlop 16" by the way) especially on the outer side where there appears to be faster thread wear and medyo kalbo na yuong sides, though it has been so for quite a long time already. wala namang kabig ang manibela but it's really not full proof of misalignment of the weels as i've been told. i guess might as well bring it to casa for proper inspection and for peace of mind na din. maraming salamat po.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Sometimes, passengers are not that acute and experienced with regards to abnormal sounds and noises from our cars the way we are. They go inside, sit, talk and then go out, unlike the way we seems to be constantly probing, straining our ears for that strange little noise back there; that minute ping from the engine etc.
    Misaligned rear wheels won't make the car wander or pull to a side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
engine humming