New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Right on sir. One question na lang po, is it really possible that misalligned wheels could cause that humming sound?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by e-bundok View Post
    Right on sir. One question na lang po, is it really possible that misalligned wheels could cause that humming sound?
    No. Misaligned tires like over positive or over negative toe and camber will produce a somewhat screeching noise like the one you get during high-speed cornering. The reason for this is because one tire or both is "scraping" the road instead of rolling freely straight ahead. You try to "correct" one side only to worsen the other and in the process, your car will wander uncontrollably from left to right and back again.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ok sir, thanks for that piece of information. i'll be bringing the car for proper check-up just in time for the holidays. merry christmas.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    sorry to revive this thread. i have the same problem when cruising at 80kph+, may humming sound coming from the front. ano remedy sa wheel bearing? papalitan...paano? please advise. thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Check your transmission oil level.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok_05 View Post
    sorry to revive this thread. i have the same problem when cruising at 80kph+, may humming sound coming from the front. ano remedy sa wheel bearing? papalitan...paano? please advise. thanks.
    AFAIK papalitan dapat yan. sealed type usually yung front bearing. papalit nyo na sir before it gets any worse. delikado yung wheel bearing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
engine humming