New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mga Sir;

Need your help to give us idea.

Kung mag papa change oil ba, is it better to use first the engine flahsing oil... please correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you advise how to use this in correct procedure...

Makakatulong ba ito para malinis loob ng engine bago i fill up new engine oil,
    lalo na those soaked in flood.?

Please help me ......

thanks/

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just find it a waste of money. Just fully drain the oil and replace at regular intervals.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    what if the engine soaked in flood.... doest it mean need to overhaul ? what indication if the engine insides are affected ?

Or should i drained the engine oil overnight .... ?

thanks in advance

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fyi, its FLUSHING oil

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yes flushing oil, better bang gamitin iyon flushing oil then the normal engine oil para malinis, becuase the car soaked in the flood...... just want to make sure malinis iyon loob ng engine ..... para hindi na overhaul...

kasi halos lahat ng mekaniko sinsabi pag nalubog sa flood kailangan overhaul agad.....? it seems need to fully drain the engine ? is that right?

sorry if my post quite confusing....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the supposed to be function of a flushing oil is to "flush" out carbon deposits inside the engine. which is also the function of newer oils in the market. may mga cleansing properties na din kasi ang mga oils natin ngayon.

so if you really follow the regular oil change intervals as what otep said. you don't need it.

and kung nabaha ka, what you can do is to have your oil changed...yun lang...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    happy gilmore ,,, actually I drained it overnight para sure. even the trany oil na drain ko narin....

thanks for your advise.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_0197 View Post
    happy gilmore ,,, actually I drained it overnight para sure. even the trany oil na drain ko narin....

thanks for your advise.
    ok na yan.....
    make sure kargahan mo muna ng oil bago mo i-istart ha? baka makalimutan mo....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The only time you need to open up an engine involved in a flood is if it was operating and has ingested water (hydrolock).

Overhaul is about replacing/repairing faulty parts and seals. One does not really open an engine up just to 'clean' it. It's the oil's job to do the cleaning. If you want to be sure, load your engine up with ordinary engine oil first and replace with your usual engine oil after a few days' use. Parang nag-gargle lang.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Doc Optep ... thanks, actually one of my friend told me to use the ordinary oil and let start...... then after drain again , just what you said ..gargle then replenish with new engine oil.

The reason why I ask if need to overhaul becuase some mechanic once they heared the engine soaked in flood , overhaul agad.

I know if the piston and valve are at rest or hindi naka on angengine all vlavle are close ... right? it means talagang drain ang gagawin , thanks for your good info. really appreciated.

kaya lang iyon interior ko need to clean all the carpet.... grabe...

thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine Flashing oil